R
Posted By
Ron
Mar 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have 3.0 on a laptop. It will work very well for a few times and then when I try to load it I get an error message that I have an invalid registration and need to reload the program. I do that and it runs ok for awhile. I put Elements 2.0 on the computer and sometimes it would run when 3.0 was kaput, but then sometimes it gives me the same message. I am running Windows XP.

The Adobe website has a set of directions for what to do if this happens when one is running a Mac. But nothing on Windows. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to translate what to do. Has something to do with adminstrative functions and a permanent registration on
my computer, not anything to do with whether I am properly registered with Adobe. It feels like Adobe thinks I am borrowing the computer. I’ve never that this problem with any other program, and as far as I am concerned I am logged in properly.

Any ideas welcome. It’s a pain in the neck to travel with a disc for reinstalling. And it seems difficult to get direct help from Adobe without paying through the nose.

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
ranamuur2-CD
Mar 9, 2005
Have you tried looking in the Registry (HKEY_CURRENT USER> Software>Adobe)and deleting the Adobe- Elements key?

A friend of mine had a similar problem and I deleted any reference to Elements in the Registry, then re-installed and all went smoothly after that.
If you aren’t happy fiddling in the Registry, please don’t until you have backed up everything! (File>Export)

Just a thought, maybe someone else might have a different solution. It worked for my friend.
🙂
Rana

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
———————————————————- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
———————————————————- http://www.usenet.com
R
Ron
Mar 10, 2005
Hi Rana:

Haven’t tried that but it sounds like a good idea. I figured it was a registry problem but it didn’t occur to me to clean
it out and start over. Perhaps the fact that I have used Elements 1.0,
2.0, and 3.0 on the same machine, including 2.0 and 3.0 at the same time
just choked it up.

I fiddle in the registry often enough to give this a try. And, I back it up frequently. Nothing to lose except a few minutes.

Thanks,

/ron

Rana wrote:
Have you tried looking in the Registry (HKEY_CURRENT USER> Software>Adobe)and deleting the Adobe- Elements key?

A friend of mine had a similar problem and I deleted any reference to Elements in the Registry, then re-installed and all went smoothly after that.
If you aren’t happy fiddling in the Registry, please don’t until you have backed up everything! (File>Export)

Just a thought, maybe someone else might have a different solution. It worked for my friend.
🙂
Rana

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
———————————————————- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
———————————————————- http://www.usenet.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections