G
Posted By
gmhalpe
Jan 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a tiff file that is a black line drawing. I would like to convert it to a different, single color(e.g. blue, or something else that I can select at will). Is this possible?

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
nomail
Jan 27, 2004
soapnut wrote:

I have a tiff file that is a black line drawing. I would like to convert it to a different, single color(e.g. blue, or something else that I can select at will). Is this possible?

There are several ways. A very easy one is the following. Choose "Channel Mixer" from the Adjustment menu, choose the blue channel and set the "Constant" value to 100.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
GH
Gerry Halpern
Jan 27, 2004
On 27 Jan 2004, you wrote in alt.graphics.photoshop:

soapnut wrote:

thanks very much, but i was hoping to find a way to select my new color by clicking on a contiuous color palette. setting the new color with numerical values will require a lot of trial and error for complex colors such as dark brown, light green, etc.
N
nomail
Jan 27, 2004
Gerry Halpern wrote:

thanks very much, but i was hoping to find a way to select my new color by clicking on a contiuous color palette. setting the new color with numerical values will require a lot of trial and error for complex colors such as dark brown, light green, etc.

After you’ve changed the black drawing to blue this way, you can use other tools such as "Replace Color" to change it to any other color using the color picker. You did read the manual, did you?

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
W
WharfRat
Jan 28, 2004
in article , soapnut at
wrote on 1/27/04 12:00 PM:

See if you like saving it as a bitmap file
and then apply the color in your page layout app.

MSD
M
me
Jan 28, 2004
If the file is currently a bitmap, go to Image, Mode and change it to Greyscale. Then change it to Image/Mode/Duotone. In the Duotone dialog box, select Monotone in the Type dropdown, then click on the colour swatch to go to the Color Picker, or select a Custom colour.

Mags

"soapnut" wrote in message

Thanks.
MR
Mike Russell
Jan 29, 2004
soapnut wrote:

There are a number of ways. One is to add a new layer, fill it with the desired color, and set the layer mode to "Screen". —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections