using ps 7 or dw mx 04, can I protect images in my web galleries?

N
Posted By
no1cwbyfan
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi–

I’m a rookie but I use the automated web gallery feature in ps7 for my photography site. I seem to have a problem with customers "right clicking" and saving and/or printing the images. Can I prevent this some how when I set up the galleries? Along with Photoshop 7 I use Dreamweaver MX 2004.

Thanks for the help.

JP

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
noone
Nov 13, 2003
you will never be able to stop people from copying your images if they really want to copy them. You could:

use javascript to catpure the right click event and instead of giving them the usual list of options, give them a pop up that says you don’t want them copying images.

they could disable javascript.

You could chop your images up into lines of 1 pixel height and then display them all one after another so that, on screen it will apear to be a whole image, but if they try to copy an image they only get a 1 pixel height image.

they could write a script to retrieve all the lines and reasemble them.

You could do both of these things (I don’t know if those operations are built into the tools you’re using) and stop 99% of people from copying things.

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:09:24 -0600, "no1cwbyfan" wrote:

Hi–

I’m a rookie but I use the automated web gallery feature in ps7 for my photography site. I seem to have a problem with customers "right clicking" and saving and/or printing the images. Can I prevent this some how when I set up the galleries? Along with Photoshop 7 I use Dreamweaver MX 2004.
Thanks for the help.

JP
L
Larry
Nov 13, 2003
no1cwbyfan wrote:
Hi–

Thanks for the help.

JP

Or you just press the "Print Screen" button and paste into anything to get the image.

This question gets asked 3 or 4 times a week and it’s always the same answer, there is nothing you can do.

Simon Day
Free desktop wallpapers of Torbay at: http://www.simonday.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections