How to make web gallery images NOT downloadable?

GD
Posted By
Grey_Darrah
May 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS2, when you use the Web Photo Gallery from Bridge Photoshop tools, Is there any way to make the thumbnails and the larger images so that they cannot be "saved as" on someones computer and then printed?

Thanks,

Grey

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

I
ID._Awe
May 16, 2008
No, but you can make them rez low enough so that when printed it looks like …. the thumbs should be .gifs and they will already print like …..
JM
J_Maloney
May 16, 2008
You can always steal off the web. That what makes it so lovely. Screen capture, anyone? Why exactly would you be worried about the ijut who can’t figure out a screen capture stealing your image, anyway. Esp. from a PS-created web gallery. Just wondering.

That said, check this out (Google is your friend): <http://www.htmlite.com/faq010.php>

I believe you will have to code some, and will not be able to do this right out of PS (but I could be wrong).

J
DM
dave_milbut
May 16, 2008
can’t be done. if it’s viewed in the browser, it’s already downloaded. large intruding copyright notices or as i.d. says, images small enough to be not worth it are your best bet.
SU
Sergei_Urlof
May 17, 2008
While certainly not a perfect solution, I always place an AP tag containing nothing other than a transparent GIF over my image. See this note for other suggestions:

< http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=2246&topi c_id=305>
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2008
not a solution at all. just go into the source and find the image. or go into cache.

neither is anything having to do with scripting because that can be turned off.

embedding in an swf makes it more difficult but still not impossible.

nothing wrong with taking protective measures, a combination is probably best, but i’m just saying go into it with your eyes open. don’t kid yourself by saying "i’m safe" because like i said, once the person on the other end views it, they ALREADY have it on their system. if they WANT to get it, then they can get it, and nothing you do can stop them except not putting it up in the first place.
P
Phosphor
May 17, 2008
There’s something called Clever Content that defeats everything, even a screen shot. It’s some kind of server thing. But it’s not cheap.
JM
J_Maloney
May 17, 2008
Then I’ll just take a picture of my screen.

🙂

J
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2008
don’t make us break out the MindWipe3000© on you J!!! 🙂
JM
J_Maloney
May 18, 2008
No sh*t. I think I was typing something long those lines, and decided against it. Your patent on my dream last night prevents me from relaying the details. But it was… awesome.

And as far as making your image _hard_ to steal, ass opposed to impossible: was it worth it? If I didn’t steal it because it took seven more clicks, was I a threat? I wonder. I say advertise.

But then again, maybe nobody wants my sh*t enough to find/look at it. Much less steal it (much to my chagrin).

J
DM
dave_milbut
May 18, 2008
But then again, maybe nobody wants my sh*t enough to find/look at it. Much less steal it (much to my chagrin).

<nodding> know that feeling. 🙂
N
nospam
May 19, 2008
"Ed Hannigan" wrote in message
There’s something called Clever Content that defeats everything, even a screen shot. It’s some kind of server thing. But it’s not
cheap.

And if you believe that, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas I’d like to sell you.

Nothing defeats a screenshot, with the right settings and/or web browser/proxy and/or operating system, and as always, the only people you’ll inconvenience with these protections are those you don’t want to inconvenience.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections