B
Posted By
beaver
Dec 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve noticed more and more that when i select an area and then copy/paste to a new layer it jumps out of position and has to be manually re-aligned with the layer below, does anyone know what causes this and if these is an easy solution?

I do a lot of face editing and it can take ages to put them back together sometimes!

B

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
Kingdom
Dec 4, 2004
"beaver" wrote in
news:cosaub$pan$:

I’ve noticed more and more that when i select an area and then copy/paste to a new layer it jumps out of position and has to be manually re-aligned with the layer below, does anyone know what causes this and if these is an easy solution?

I do a lot of face editing and it can take ages to put them back together sometimes!

B

Hold the shift key when pasting to new layer

Youth is wasted on the young!
E
edjh
Dec 4, 2004
beaver wrote:

B
Don’t copy/paste, use Ctrl-J (Layer via copy)or Shift-Ctrl-J (layer via cut)instead. When you paste it always pastes in the center of the document regardless of where the original selection was.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
B
bogus
Dec 4, 2004
Also, if you have a selection in the document when you paste, the pasted contents will go in the selection area instead of the middle of the document.

edjh wrote:
beaver wrote:

I’ve noticed more and more that when i select an area and then copy/paste to
a new layer it jumps out of position and has to be manually re-aligned with
the layer below, does anyone know what causes this and if these is an easy
solution?

B
Don’t copy/paste, use Ctrl-J (Layer via copy)or Shift-Ctrl-J (layer via cut)instead. When you paste it always pastes in the center of the document regardless of where the original selection was.
B
beaver
Dec 4, 2004
"bogus" wrote in message
Also, if you have a selection in the document when you paste, the pasted contents will go in the selection area instead of the middle of the
document.
edjh wrote:
beaver wrote:

I’ve noticed more and more that when i select an area and then copy/paste to
a new layer it jumps out of position and has to be manually re-aligned with
the layer below, does anyone know what causes this and if these is an easy
solution?

I do a lot of face editing and it can take ages to put them back
together
sometimes!

B
many thanks

B

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections