Posted By
Glen_Allen
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I recently received a new pc at work and had to reinstall Photoshop 6.01. The install seems to have gone fine, but when I try to run it, the frame of the window appears on the screen and then hangs. I’ve tried the Ctrl-Alt-Shift trick, but nothing happens (I haven’t been able to run this once, so I don’t think I have any prefs yet). I also tried reinstalling the software, but no dice.

Has anyone else had this problem? I saw a note about a particular security patch (#811… forget the number), but couldn’t find it on my pc to get rid of it.

The pc is a Dell P4 2.4 GHz, 512MB, 18" flat panel monitor (Intel 82845G/GL graphics adapter).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Glen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Oct 31, 2003
Glen,

I’ve tried the Ctrl-Alt-Shift trick, but nothing happens <<

You have to be really quick! If you can’t delete from CTRL+ALT+SHIFT do it manually.

The prefs file will be in c:\Documents & Settings\~username\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\6.0\Adobe Photoshop Settings

and is called Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Prefs.psp. You may need to set Windows Explorer to View Hidden Files to see it
GA
Glen_Allen
Nov 3, 2003
Thanks Len,

I tried reinstalling again today – the only difference was that this time I included ImageReady in the install (I don’t use it, so figured why take up the disk space?). It works now! How’s that for a weird one?

Cheers,

Glen
L
LenHewitt
Nov 3, 2003
Glen,

It works now! <<

Pleased to hear you have it sorted….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections