Why the file dimension is wrong reported in optimize panel ?

IS
Posted By
ionut.stoica
Oct 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I try to make some animated gif file with Adobe ImageReady…and works fine, until i see in preview of optimized panel a dimension that isn’t the real file dimension. Why is that happend ?
Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PH
Photo_Help
Oct 27, 2003
What is wrong with it or how is it different than what should be displayed?

Are you just exporting a single slice?
IS
ionut.stoica
Oct 27, 2003
Is diferent then the reported file size in windows. I try to detaliate. In optimize panel in ImageReady, is reported to say…14k. In browser preview and in windows himself, the file have another size(bigger) aprox. 18-20k.
Let’s put here the info that is displayed in browser preview. "Format: GIF
Dimensions: 273w x 168h
Size: 18.21K
Settings: Adaptive, 27 Colors, 90% Diffusion Dither, Lossy: 30, 2 frames, Transparency on, 100% Diffusion Transparency Dither, Non-Interlaced, 54% Web Snap"
To that file, the optimized panel show only 13.49k.
Thanks for help.
PH
Photo_Help
Oct 27, 2003
Browser preview displays the size of the image and the HTML associated with it. If you look at the file size of just the image when you save it there should be no discrepancy
IS
ionut.stoica
Oct 28, 2003
….but i do it before I try here…and is bigger there too. I see that in browser(html) is reported the file size, not entire combination html+image. Because the text is refering to image file size and that is displayed in HTML, doesn’t mean that there is reported HTML size. Anyway, thank you for helping me. What something else can be ?
PH
Photo_Help
Oct 28, 2003
That is very strange. You could always reset the preferences <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef4a07f>. Unfortunately I don’t think it would help in this case, but you never know.
IS
ionut.stoica
Oct 28, 2003
I understend what was happend. Unusaly, loss option increase the file size, but only in that psd – the one i used; but, the same jpg inserted in another psd file, after optimization with loss and other shit, was fine. Thank you for prompt help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections