S
Posted By
Sean
Oct 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have begun using IR to save JPEGs so that I can retain EXIF data and in also favor adding in full XMP data. I have found that I can create a group of settings and save them in the metadata settings, but IR always reverts to its own default values and I am forced into using 4 mouse clicks to force IR to save XMP with a reference to a source file every time I create a JPEG.

Does anyone know how to get IR to modify its default metadata settings to use my desired settings rather than Adobe’s?

I should note I am using PS CS here.

enjoy,

Sean

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

– Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

Photo Archive @ http://www.tearnet.com/Sean
Last Updated 29 Sept. 2004

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jjs
Oct 3, 2004
"Sean" wrote in message
I have begun using IR to save JPEGs so that I can retain EXIF data and in also favor adding in full XMP data. I have found that I can create a group of settings and save them in the metadata settings, but IR always reverts to its own default values and I am forced into using 4 mouse clicks to force IR to save XMP with a reference to a source file every time I create a JPEG.

Does anyone know how to get IR to modify its default metadata settings to use my desired settings rather than Adobe’s?

You can’t, either with Photoshop or ImageReady. You can _append_ data but not replace the defaults. Try as you wish, PS and IR still replace the XMP strings.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections