SS
Posted By
sufian.siddiqi
Sep 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just recently started having this problem where I create an image in photoshop and then when I select a portion of it and copy the merged layers and paste into a new image window, instead of using the layer’s width/height it adds a few pixels on the border of the image making it larger and I can’t get rid of that border.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
nomail
Sep 12, 2004
Sufian wrote:

I’ve just recently started having this problem where I create an image in photoshop and then when I select a portion of it and copy the merged layers and paste into a new image window, instead of using the layer’s width/height it adds a few pixels on the border of the image making it larger and I can’t get rid of that border.

Sounds like you’ve got a few pixels feathering in your selection.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
G
Gadgets
Sep 12, 2004
anti-aliased checkbox in marquee options

Cheers, Jason (remove … to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com
SS
sufian.siddiqi
Sep 12, 2004

Sufian wrote:

It happens regardless of any layer effect I use and even if there aren’t any special effects at all. I don’t understand how it just started to happen last week out of the blue.
N
nomail
Sep 12, 2004
Sufian wrote:

(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote in message news:…
Sufian wrote:

It happens regardless of any layer effect I use and even if there aren’t any special effects at all. I don’t understand how it just started to happen last week out of the blue.

I’m not talking about layer effects. You say you make a selection. Does the selection tool have a feathering greater than zero? If so, that will increase the selection.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
SS
sufian.siddiqi
Sep 12, 2004
"Gadgets" …
anti-aliased checkbox in marquee options

Cheers, Jason (remove … to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

It’s unchecked and also faded out so I couldn’t check it if I wanted.
SS
sufian.siddiqi
Sep 13, 2004

Sufian wrote:

(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote in message news:…
Sufian wrote:

I’m not talking about layer effects. You say you make a selection. Does the selection tool have a feathering greater than zero? If so, that will increase the selection.
Nope, it’s set as zero.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections