N
Posted By
no
Sep 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There are times where I create some text, apply some effects and then decide that the font is not suitable and so I select another font and start over.

I’m wondering if there is a font manager/plugin where I can apply my effects on a generic font and then it will show me what the effects will look like on a number of different fonts.

I’m sure it would take a while to render all the different font styles, but it would be nice to have a plugin such as this.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Corey
Sep 11, 2004
"Anna" wrote in news:u9U_c.326407$:

There are times where I create some text, apply some effects and then decide that the font is not suitable and so I select another font and start over.

I’m wondering if there is a font manager/plugin where I can apply my effects on a generic font and then it will show me what the effects will look like on a number of different fonts.

I’m sure it would take a while to render all the different font styles, but it would be nice to have a plugin such as this.

Anna,
What I often do is make a copy of the text layer by dragging the text layer to the "New Layer" icon at the bottom of the LAYERS palette, just in case I don’t like the changes or lose the current font name or to compare the two (or more) layers. Then I place my cursor inside the "SET FONT FAMILY" field and use my arrow keys to scroll through various fonts. All the effects will remain for your viewing pleasure! This technique works with any field–
i.e. you can adjust the number of pixels in a bevel or stroke, the % of
opacity, moving a selection or layer element up, down, left, right, etc, all by using the "nudge" [arrow] keys.

As for the text, this only works as long as the text remains text. If you rasterize it or convert it to lines, Photoshop won’t be able to read it as a font any longer.

Corey 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections