RS
Posted By
rik stroeb
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Don’t know if anyone else has complained about this, but how come if I’m working on an oversized picture at 100%, (1) if I want to use the erase tool and have to scroll to areas currently not in view, PS allows me to scroll up, down, left, and right; but if, say, (2) I’m using any variant of the lasso tool, PS will not allow me to access the scroll bars once I’ve started making my selection. Granted, the picture will jump up or down as I approach the boarder of what’s currently in view, and if I’m patient enough I can usually manipulate the window and cursor so I can finish completing my selection; unfortunately, this does not work when I want to access any area to the left or right of what I have in view. Nor do either the arrow keys or Page Up /Page Down commands work. So do I have any alternate choices — other than working at a size where everything I need to get to is visible and in frame?

rik

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
thomas
Dec 9, 2003
rik
when using your lasso too or whatever tool, you can hold down the spacebar to temporarily use the hand tool so go about making your selection, then hold down space to move in whatever direction and then let go of space

-tom

"rik stroeb" wrote in message
Don’t know if anyone else has complained about this, but how come if I’m working on an oversized picture at 100%, (1) if I want to use the erase tool and have to scroll to areas currently not in view, PS allows me to scroll up, down, left, and right; but if, say, (2) I’m using any variant of the lasso tool, PS will not allow me to access the scroll bars once I’ve started making my selection. Granted, the picture will jump up or down as I approach the boarder of what’s currently in view, and if I’m patient enough I can usually manipulate the window and cursor so I can finish completing my selection; unfortunately, this does not work when I want to access any area to the left or right of what I have in view. Nor do either the arrow keys or Page Up /Page Down commands work. So do I have any alternate choices — other than working at a size where everything I need to get to is visible and in frame?

rik
H
Hecate
Dec 10, 2003
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 00:26:58 -0800, "thomas"
wrote:

rik
when using your lasso too or whatever tool, you can hold down the spacebar to temporarily use the hand tool so go about making your selection, then hold down space to move in whatever direction and then let go of space
And you can also click anywhere in the Navigator window to move.

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections