BB
Posted By
Bill_Brammer
Oct 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was working in a TIFF file. At some point, I went to save it and the Save was greyed out. I wasn’t sure why, so I did a save as. Now I have a psd file. What is it and can I or should I convert it back to TIFF.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 4, 2003
You must have used a feature only available in the PSD format. What version of Photoshop are you using?

Bob
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 4, 2003
Save was grayed out because no changes were made – simple as that.

All you have to do is Save As again and in the dialog box, look at the format you’re choosing, right under the file name. Choose Tiff, and save.
BB
Bill_Brammer
Oct 4, 2003
I was using 7.0.1. THe latest picture. I think I must have used a feature I could only save in psd??
SF
Stephen_Foley
Oct 5, 2003
The quickest way this happens is if you create layers. Photoshop will automatcially convert the file type to "psd". If you combine or "flatten" the layers, you can then resave as a TIFF file.

Some ways Photoshop will create layers without you selecting them is by using type or when copying and pasting. There may be others but these are the ones I ran into.
JT
Joe Thibodeau
Oct 24, 2003
I save my TIFF images with layers. It simply tells me that the filesize will be expanded. I think the TIFF format if like the AIFF format for audio can house multiple images in one file.

Joe

wrote in message
The quickest way this happens is if you create layers. Photoshop will
automatcially convert the file type to "psd". If you combine or "flatten" the layers, you can then resave as a TIFF file.
Some ways Photoshop will create layers without you selecting them is by
using type or when copying and pasting. There may be others but these are the ones I ran into.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections