Posted By
Paul Furman
Nov 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The pics on this page:
http://www.plantbuzz.com/Allium/Gallery/tauricum/tauricum_ga l1.htm and the several linked galleries there, come up initially as greyscale then the color emerges, like the interlaced pics that come up blurry at first then load more detail. It doesn’t work in IE, only Mozilla (similar to Netscape). I don’t know if this is just a quirk or what.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
broga
Nov 22, 2003
There’s a link to the webmaster at the bottom of the page – perhaps you could ask him?
Questions or comments on this page? Contact Mark McDonough at

www.micromountain.com
"Paul Furman" wrote in message
The pics on this page:
http://www.plantbuzz.com/Allium/Gallery/tauricum/tauricum_ga l1.htm and the several linked galleries there, come up initially as greyscale then the color emerges, like the interlaced pics that come up blurry at first then load more detail. It doesn’t work in IE, only Mozilla (similar to Netscape). I don’t know if this is just a quirk or what.
PF
Paul Furman
Nov 23, 2003
I have done so, he used painshop pro with a sharpening filter typically. I guess it’s just a weird quirk. Kind of a nifty accidental effect.

broga wrote:

There’s a link to the webmaster at the bottom of the page – perhaps you could ask him?

IP
i.perryman
Nov 23, 2003
I would have thought it’s more likely to be a feature that’s built in to the website design . It’s apparently built with Microsoft FrontPage 3.0 so it may be some nifty feature from Frontpage. Try asking in the web design ngs

www.micromountain.com
"Paul Furman" wrote in message
I have done so, he used painshop pro with a sharpening filter typically. I guess it’s just a weird quirk. Kind of a nifty accidental effect.

broga wrote:

H
Hecate
Nov 24, 2003
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:23:09 +0000 (UTC), "i.perryman" <i.perryman@(REMOVE TO MAIL ME)btopenworld.com> wrote:

I would have thought it’s more likely to be a feature that’s built in to the website design . It’s apparently built with Microsoft FrontPage 3.0 so it may be some nifty feature from Frontpage. Try asking in the web design ngs

"Built" with Frontpage? That’s like saying a"a house built with Lego" 😉

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
IP
i.perryman
Nov 25, 2003

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

I bet you never get free tickets to Legoland 🙂

(shhh! – I was trying to be polite in case the webmaster reads this ng)
H
Hecate
Nov 26, 2003
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:21:14 +0000 (UTC), "i.perryman" <i.perryman@(REMOVE TO MAIL ME)btopenworld.com> wrote:

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

I bet you never get free tickets to Legoland 🙂

(shhh! – I was trying to be polite in case the webmaster reads this ng)

😉

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections