JT
Posted By
Janus Thorn
Nov 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know of a plug-in / filter set that includes a filter for producing concentric circles?

I know one exists as I had one a few years back, but for life of me can’t think of it’s name.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DH
Darrel Hoffman
Nov 19, 2003
Anyone know of a plug-in / filter set that includes a filter for producing concentric circles?

I know one exists as I had one a few years back, but for life of me can’t think of it’s name.

Here’s one trick that works.
Create a layer.
Set default (black + white) colors.
Do a radial gradient. (Doesn’t matter if it’s black or white in the center.) Then use the Magic Wand tool, adjusting the tolerance to select rings of the size you want. Go back to your other layer.
Stroke selection. Voila. A circle.
Use the wand on your gradient layer again to make different sized concentric circles.

Another trick, to make many concentric, evenly spaced rings: Create a new square image. (must be square)
Use the Texture/Patchwork filter. Adjust the tile size to be about what you want the ring spacing to be. (See preview)
Take the Smudge tool. Make a very large brush with 100% hardness, and set the Smudge pressure to 100%
Holding shift, smudge across the image to turn the patchwork into horizontal stripes. It may take several strokes to cover the
entire image, depending on the size of the brush you made. Once you have just stripes, use the Distort/Polar Coordinates filter, using Rectangular to Polar. You may now crop as much of this
image as you want to copy onto your original picture.
E
edjh
Nov 19, 2003
Janus Thorn wrote:

Thanks
Filters>Sketch>Halftone Pattern can produce concentric circles.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
B
broga
Nov 20, 2003
Try this
Use the rectangular marquee tool and draw a square
draw straight lines acoss it *horizontally*
link the lines and merge them
choose filter>distort>polar co-ordinates and the lines become concentric circles.

I find this method has advantages
e.g. you can vary the thickness and/or colour of the lines or you can use rectangle shapes instead of lines and fill them with patterns and gradients.
In fact you can use almost any horizontal shape such as lines of text, ellipses or custom shapes and they all form concentric patterns.

You can of course do it the other way round i.e. draw the shapes then put a marquee around them,
and if you use a rectangle rather than a square you get concentric ellipses

www.micromountain.com
"Janus Thorn" wrote in message

Thanks

AE
Axel Estable
Nov 20, 2003
you could always use the "Transform again" command, or create an action, or a combination of both… Circles are pretty easy to create, you should be able to do this without a filter 🙂

Cheers
Axel

——————————————–
AIM: meroudequiberon
Yahoo: meroudequiberon
MSN:

"Janus Thorn" wrote in message

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections