J
Posted By
JRTurner
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After opening two images in separate windows, I used to be able to load selection from one image to another. Now I can’t do that any more. In the Load Selection dialog box, the other image is not available. What have I forgotten? Running PS CS. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bagal
Jul 15, 2004
Now there is a coincidence 🙂

I just had the same dilemma meself

make sure the you have clicked on (not elaborating here) the proper source layer, made sure it is unlocked and that you have clicked on the proper destination layer and it is also unlocked

it seemed to work for me – hope it works for you

Artie

wrote in message
After opening two images in separate windows, I used to be able to load selection from one image to another. Now I can’t do that any more. In the Load Selection dialog box, the other image is not available. What have I forgotten? Running PS CS. Thanks.
T
tacitr
Jul 15, 2004
After opening two images in separate windows, I used to be able to load selection from one image to another. Now I can’t do that any more. In the Load Selection dialog box, the other image is not available.

Both images must have the same pixel dimensions, and the source image for the selection should not be in Indexed Color or Bitmap mode.

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 16, 2004
Tacit wrote:
After opening two images in separate windows, I used to be able to load selection from one image to another. Now I can’t do that any more. In the Load Selection dialog box, the other image is not available.

Both images must have the same pixel dimensions, and the source image for the selection should not be in Indexed Color or Bitmap mode.

You’re right! Never thought of it that way. Had to try it out for myself. Amazing. Hmm well if I ever need a selection from a different size source picture I’ll first increase canvas size on either source or destination…. I really see no real reason why it is not possible between unequally sized documents. Why not just clip it if it’s too large ? Must be a deeper reason I can’t think of, as they’re not crazy at Adobe…. But why I would not be able to use a selection from an index or bitmap image beats me, no reason why that would not be possible. Seems like a minor mishap. One I can live with allright, but still.
Pjotr!
E
edjh
Jul 16, 2004
Pjotr Wedersteers wrote:

Tacit wrote:

You’re right! Never thought of it that way. Had to try it out for myself. Amazing. Hmm well if I ever need a selection from a different size source picture I’ll first increase canvas size on either source or destination…. I really see no real reason why it is not possible between unequally sized documents. Why not just clip it if it’s too large ? Must be a deeper reason I can’t think of, as they’re not crazy at Adobe…. But why I would not be able to use a selection from an index or bitmap image beats me, no reason why that would not be possible. Seems like a minor mishap. One I can live with allright, but still.
Pjotr!
Save it as a channel and drag it from the Channels palette to the other document. You can make the selection from that new channel.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
N
noone
Jul 19, 2004
In article ,
says…

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Yes, and if these criteria match, CS even defaults to the other doc, on Load Selection, if it has any, and the second image does not.

Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections