P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Windows XP, when I perform a File "Open" or "Save As," the default file view is "Thumbnails." When I use the "View Menu" to select a different view, e.g., "Details," the change is only good for that single operation, then Photoshop reverts back to the default "Thumbnails" view.

Photoshop (6.0.1 and 7) does not "remember" that I wanted to permanently switch to a different view. Is there a fix or work around for this problem?

Jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
John Mensinger
Sep 26, 2003
Jim, I believe this isn’t really a Photoshop question. Have you tried resetting the folders-view options? Open My Computer, set the view to the type you’d like everywhere, then select Tools > Folder Options. On the View tab, click Apply To All Folders.

I have to admit that I "chase" the same problem in XP, (though I don’t seem to have a problem in Photoshop). I suspect that some of XP’s "system-level," "My" folders, like My Pictures, My Documents, My Juvenile Tendency to Name Everything "My Thing," etc., sometimes force the veiw settings to some XP default or other, and then it lingers and spreads through your subsequent navigation.
DM
dave milbut
Sep 26, 2003
there’s a document somewhere on microsoft.com that says how to do this. i lost the link though. it’s something like open explorer set the view and sort order, hold crtl key, close explorer while key is down and shut down/restart before you do anything else. i also remember that the key combo changed from os to os. try crtl, if that doesn’t work, try shift.

the microsoft search engine must be rented from adobe cuz it’s impossible to find anything more than once unless you luck upon it! 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections