Posted By
Dave
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,
I have a problem that showed up a few weeks ago and I can’t seem to get rid of it.

In every photo I’m working on in Photoshop 7.0 (Win2k), there are a couple of little boxes in the upper left corner. One of the boxes has "01" in it and the other looks like a little graph of some kind. they don’t seem to be interactive, because I have tried click, right-click, ctrl-click, etc and I get no response.

I installed the Adobe CS package (garbage!) and the problem may have showed up around then, but I can’t say for sure. I removed the CS pile o’ crap and the little boxes remain.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
edjh
Jun 30, 2004
Dave wrote:
Hello all,
I have a problem that showed up a few weeks ago and I can’t seem to get rid of it.

In every photo I’m working on in Photoshop 7.0 (Win2k), there are a couple of little boxes in the upper left corner. One of the boxes has "01" in it and the other looks like a little graph of some kind. they don’t seem to be interactive, because I have tried click, right-click, ctrl-click, etc and I get no response.

I installed the Adobe CS package (garbage!) and the problem may have showed up around then, but I can’t say for sure. I removed the CS pile o’ crap and the little boxes remain.

Thanks,
Dave

Slices. You can turn them off under View>Show or View>Clear Slices or the button on the Options Bar when the Slice tool is selected.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
TT
Tom Thomas
Jun 30, 2004
Dave <???@???.com> wrote:

— snip —

I can help with that "CS pile o’ crap" if you like. If you can provide all of the original contents of the box including the CD and all documentation, and if you’ll sign an Adobe transfer of license agreement I’ll take it off your hands for a reasonable price. ——————————-
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
D
Dave
Jun 30, 2004
edjh wrote in
news:ofuEc.351$:

<snip>
Slices. You can turn them off under View>Show or View>Clear Slices or the button on the Options Bar when the Slice tool is selected.

That did it! Thanks a ton!
D
Dave
Jun 30, 2004
Tom Thomas wrote in
news::

— snip —

I can help with that "CS pile o’ crap" if you like. If you can provide all of the original contents of the box including the CD and all documentation, and if you’ll sign an Adobe transfer of license agreement I’ll take it off your hands for a reasonable price. ——————————-
Tom

Have you used any of the CS package? It’s like Adobe had a brand new concept to create some cool graphics applications. Then right before they were released they realized they already had similar products so they built in some half-assed backwards compability. One example: when you save a file for previous versions of Illustrator, you have to export the file instead of simply selecting the version to save the file as. My other big complaint is that all of the CS applications had stability issues. On many occasions I would go to save an illustration and get an error "Can’t save the illustration". My only option was to click "Ok and watch any unsaved work instantly vanish from my screen.

I just can’t get excited about any of the CS apps.
TT
Tom Thomas
Jun 30, 2004

— snip —

So your price should be quite reasonable, yes? πŸ˜‰
——————————-
Tom

B
bagal
Jun 30, 2004
is this a biddable option?

das B

ps – isit Photoshop CS or the full CS shah-bang?

"Tom Thomas" wrote in message

— snip —

——————————-
Tom

WO
Wizard of Draws
Jun 30, 2004
On 6/30/04 10:57 AM, in article , "Dave"
<???@???.com> wrote:

On many occasions I would go to save an illustration and get an error "Can’t save the illustration". My only option was to click "Ok and watch any unsaved work instantly vanish from my screen.

This has happened a few times to me, but instead of saving the file to a server, I was able to save to my desktop. Then I just copied it to where I needed it to be. Not sure why that made a difference, but you might try a different destination for the file next time that happens. —
Jeff ‘The Wizard of Draws’ Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
www.wizardofdraws.com
www.cartoonclipart.com
D
Dave
Jul 1, 2004
"bagal" wrote in gui.server.ntli.net:

das B

— snip —

——————————-
Tom

I didn’t realize you were serious in your offer. Fortunately (for me) the software isn’t mine to sell. It belongs to my employer.

-Dave
B
bagal
Jul 1, 2004
Well if your employer isn’t using it and its sitting on the shelf gathering dust depreciating at a right rate of knots …

Provided all is above board πŸ™‚

das B

"Dave" <???@???.com> wrote in message
"bagal" wrote in gui.server.ntli.net:

das B

— snip —

——————————-
Tom

I didn’t realize you were serious in your offer. Fortunately (for me) the software isn’t mine to sell. It belongs to my employer.
-Dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections