DG
Posted By
douglas.gennetten
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I export to 16 bits per pixel (R5 G6 B6)?

Thanks,

Doug G

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wino Evertz
Jun 30, 2004
"Douglas Gennetten" schreef in bericht

Thanks,

Doug G

If you have a picturefile which is made, scanned or photographed in a high bit mode and you save it in TIFF, PSD or another fileformat which can file in 16-bits, it stays a 16bits picture (digital photographs in RAW 12-bits).

R5 G6 B6 is the definition of only only one colour. That one colour will not be different in 8 bits or 16 bits.

Your question is a littlebit strange. It looks like you mix things which do not belong together…..?!

Wino Evertz
MR
Mike Russell
Jul 1, 2004
"Douglas Gennetten" schreef in bericht

One way is to save an rgb file in tga or pict format. During the save operation, a dialog will come up allowing you to pick 16, 26, or 32 bits per pixel.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
CC
Chris Cox
Jul 6, 2004
You need to use a file format that supports that arrangement (and you just specified 17 bits per pixel ;-).

Try BMP, and use the advanced options.

Chris

In article , Douglas
Gennetten wrote:

Thanks,

Doug G
T
toby
Jul 9, 2004
(Douglas Gennetten) wrote in message news:…

Thanks,

Doug G

To actually quantise the image to 5-6-5, before saving, you can use my plugin: http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/#565 – which also applies diffusion dither.

–Toby

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections