W
Posted By
W
Jul 24, 2013
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m just learning Photoshop and cannot get the most trivial of operations to work. I set the canvas to larger than the photo, and I want to make the background color of the canvas black. How do I do that? I’m using Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 under Windows.

I try to make another layer and set that to black, but when I do this there is no way to send this layer behind the photo. I tried to set the background of the canvas inside a single layer with the photo, and I can only get it to grey.

The product is so complex that there are probably several ways to do this.

W

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
Gary Dingle
Jul 25, 2013
On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:51:24 -0700, "W"
wrote:

I’m just learning Photoshop and cannot get the most trivial of operations to work. I set the canvas to larger than the photo, and I want to make the background color of the canvas black. How do I do that? I’m using Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 under Windows.

I try to make another layer and set that to black, but when I do this there is no way to send this layer behind the photo. I tried to set the background of the canvas inside a single layer with the photo, and I can only get it to grey.

I’m using photoshop, not elements, but in Photoshop Image/Canvas Size… the dialogue includes a "Canvas extension color" dropdown box in which black is an item.
Hope this helps.
Gary
AS
Adivino Siempre
Jul 29, 2013
W heeft ons zojuist aangekondigd :

My way to do this is make a new file larger then your photo. Choose the coler you need. Select the photo and copy the photo, open the new made file and paste. That should do it.

Suc6

Adivino Siempre
Adivino Siempre

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections