C
Posted By
cpliu
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I jump to different text layers while editing the existing text without going to Move Tool first? I noticed that I can press Control-Shift and click to create a new text layer but I can’t click on an existing one to edit it.

It would save me time by directly jumping among different text layers in editing.

Thanks for the help,

cpliu

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TT
Tom Thomas
Jun 22, 2004
cpliu wrote:

How do I jump to different text layers while editing the existing text without going to Move Tool first? I noticed that I can press Control-Shift and click to create a new text layer but I can’t click on an existing one to edit it.

It would save me time by directly jumping among different text layers in editing.

I don’t understand your question. You don’t need to change tools to move between different type layers. Just click the one you want to edit in the Layers Palette. When you have highlighted the layer you want to edit, you place the cursor over the type and click it to edit. If you click on a part of the layer that is not over the type, then it will create a new type layer instead. All of this is done without ever exiting the Type Tool.
——————————-
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
C
cpliu
Jun 22, 2004
Tom,

Thanks for the information. You’re right that I can click on a different layer and then edit. Doing that is the same as change to a different tool and come back then click on a different text layer in terms of mouse movement. I’m trying to find a way that I just click on any text object on screen and be able to edit it. It’s kind of like Control click to select a layer instead of move your mouse to the layers window and change to a different layer. When I tried Control-click and just becomes a free transform.

Any tips on achieving what I had in mind?

Thanks,

Peter

Tom Thomas wrote in
news::
I don’t understand your question. You don’t need to change tools to move between different type layers. Just click the one you want to edit in the Layers Palette. When you have highlighted the layer you want to edit, you place the cursor over the type and click it to edit. If you click on a part of the layer that is not over the type, then it will create a new type layer instead. All of this is done without ever exiting the Type Tool.
TT
Tom Thomas
Jun 22, 2004
cpliu wrote:

Thanks for the information. You’re right that I can click on a different layer and then edit. Doing that is the same as change to a different tool and come back then click on a different text layer in terms of mouse movement. I’m trying to find a way that I just click on any text object on screen and be able to edit it.

Sorry, I can’t help you there. Like I said, I didn’t understand your question. I couldn’t figure out why you were changing tools to select a different type layer. I don’t know of a way to eliminate the mouse clicks since "Auto Select Layer" isn’t an option with the type tool. ——————————-
Tom

N
neon
Jun 24, 2004
Not sure I understand the question either? But, if you’re running Windows and you want to activate any paticular layer without moving the cursor to the layer pallett
"Tom Thomas" wrote in message
cpliu wrote:

Thanks for the information. You’re right that I can click on a different layer and then edit. Doing that is the same as change to a different tool and come back then click on a different text layer in terms of mouse movement. I’m trying to find a way that I just click on any text object
on
screen and be able to edit it.

Sorry, I can’t help you there. Like I said, I didn’t understand your question. I couldn’t figure out why you were changing tools to select a different type layer. I don’t know of a way to eliminate the mouse clicks since "Auto Select Layer" isn’t an option with the type tool. ——————————-
Tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections