NS
Posted By
no spam
Oct 19, 2012
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So why use PSP 7, 8 or 9 if you have Photoshop CS6 – some may ask. Those versions of PSP were the last before the program turned to ****. Others can explain the details.

Photoshop has played games with their file formats in such a way that a perfectly good picture in PS often turns to mud or really crummy looking when printed – unless perhaps you have both a calibrated monitor and printer.
I for one do not want to screw around with that since printers do not last long enough or settings can not be reliably stored etc.

I open my PSD (the standard default file format used in PS) files with PSP and adjust the saturation anywhere from 0 to 30. Hue or Lightness are generally ok as is. Then I save the file as a JPG for printing or viewing in other software. Works really well!

The PSP commands are ADJUST>>HUE & SATURATION>>HUE/SATURATION/LIGHTNESS. Click Saturation.
A quicker way is to hold down the Shift Key and then hit H to get the same screen. The slider(s) on this menu are ‘overly sensitive’ so you need to enter numerical values to change in small enough increments. The image takes several seconds to update – unlike PS that is instant.

F12 gets the Save AS screen.

All I need to remember about PSP.
Good luck.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections