Posted By
jm.almeras
Jul 15, 2012
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear Photoshop experts,

I was working fine with Photoshop CS, I interrupted my work for 2 hours and resumed work, to find out that Photoshop was not responding. I lost my work, then rebooted the PC, started Photoshop CS again and it keeps saying it is not responding.

I searched for advice on the web, all i could find was advice to desinstall then install the software again. Which I have done, several times (trying different options) and it keeps doing the same. I do not know what to do. Can any one help ?

My laptop works with Windows 7.
I have CS installed on top of Photoshop 7.
I have no problem with Photoshop 7 ! the problem is with CS only I also have had messages stating that :
– there could be a problem with the Photoshop working file being on the same drive as the windows swapping file or something like that – the application is to be executed as an administrator because the current user blablal (i forget). Yet I am administrator, and yet I also have installed CS by executing autoexec.exe as an administrator, and I have tried executing the application as an administrator !

Probably the murphy law, because I have an urgent task to do on Photoshop !

thank you !

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
Savageduck
Jul 15, 2012
On 2012-07-15 09:16:47 -0700, "jm.almeras" said:

Dear Photoshop experts,

I was working fine with Photoshop CS, I interrupted my work for 2 hours and resumed work, to find out that Photoshop was not responding. I lost my work, then rebooted the PC, started Photoshop CS again and it keeps saying it is not responding.

I searched for advice on the web, all i could find was advice to desinstall then install the software again. Which I have done, several times (trying different options) and it keeps doing the same. I do not know what to do. Can any one help ?

That should not be a problem.

I have no problem with Photoshop 7 ! the problem is with CS only I also have had messages stating that :
– there could be a problem with the Photoshop working file being on the same drive as the windows swapping file or something like that

That could be a problem.

– the application is to be executed as an administrator because the current user blablal (i forget). Yet I am administrator, and yet I also have installed CS by executing autoexec.exe as an administrator, and I have tried executing the application as an administrator !

Time to find a Windows specific solution.

Highly likely.

thank you !

Did you have antivirus software turned on when you did your installs? A usual warning when installing Photoshop, including most(all) CS versions, is to ensure AV is off.

Regards,

Savageduck
JA
jm.almeras
Jul 16, 2012
Thank you Savageduck

I tried do desinstall Photoshop CS, then I switched off my AVAST antivirus, then I installed Photoshop CS again, same thing : not responding

I forgot to mention something which i find quite strange : as you know Photoshop CS and ImageReady are installed at the same time. ImageReady works perfectly ! So does Photoshop 7 . It is only with Photoshop CS that i have that problem.

One of my colleagues, a system guy, tried to fix my laptop this morning. He created a new administrator account, switched back the system to some time ago, tried to reinstall the product, no way !
He said perhaps what happened initially when i interrupted my work in Photoshop CS, leaving things as they were, and resumed work 2 hours later, in the meantime perhaps windows had automatically installed or updated something…

Thanks for your help

Jean-Marie

"Savageduck" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

Dear Photoshop experts,

– there could be a problem with the Photoshop working file being on the same drive as the windows swapping file or something like that

That could be a problem.

– the application is to be executed as an administrator because the current user blablal (i forget). Yet I am administrator, and yet I also have installed CS by executing autoexec.exe as an administrator, and I have tried executing the application as an administrator !

Highly likely.

thank you !

Did you have antivirus software turned on when you did your installs? A usual warning when installing Photoshop, including most(all) CS versions, is to ensure AV is off.

Regards,

Savageduck
S
Savageduck
Jul 17, 2012
On 2012-07-16 13:41:45 -0700, "jm.almeras" said:

Thank you Savageduck

I tried do desinstall Photoshop CS, then I switched off my AVAST antivirus, then I installed Photoshop CS again, same thing : not responding
I forgot to mention something which i find quite strange : as you know Photoshop CS and ImageReady are installed at the same time. ImageReady works perfectly ! So does Photoshop 7 . It is only with Photoshop CS that i have that problem.

One of my colleagues, a system guy, tried to fix my laptop this morning. He created a new administrator account, switched back the system to some time ago, tried to reinstall the product, no way !
He said perhaps what happened initially when i interrupted my work in Photoshop CS, leaving things as they were, and resumed work 2 hours later, in the meantime perhaps windows had automatically installed or updated something…

Thanks for your help

Jean-Marie

Time to call Adobe and CS support. I suspect there is a major conflict issue which is not going to be an easy fix.
Good luck, and let us know how things turn out.

BTW: if you look at the way your top posting disrupts the chronology of this thread, you might get some idea of why bottom and interleaved posting is preferred with Usenet posts. Consider bottom &/or interleaved posting in future.

It improves the conversational quality of discussion in a particular NG while maintaining chronology. For example, if you read this particular post top to bottom, you have disturbed the chronology and attributes by responding before your original query and my response.

The concept of top posting is an email convention where reference can be made to an original.

Dear Photoshop experts,

That could be a problem.

Highly likely.

thank you !

Regards,

Savageduck
U
UlyssesT
Jul 17, 2012
when you uninstall photoshop, there are files left in the registry and when you do a re-install, the files must be completely removed. First. remove all files and folders from "Program Files" Next "run" Registry Editor "regedit". Scan and delete all files pertaining to
photoshop CS. please be careful with this, as regedit shows no mercy If you are unfamilar with this process, then have your buddy do it for you Once completely remove from the computer, You then do a clean install. If done properly I guanantee it will work for you. be carefull and good luck

"The older I get, the faster I was, and the more I forget"
V
Voivod
Jul 17, 2012
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:04:44 -0400, "Ülysses" scribbled:

when you uninstall photoshop, there are files left in the registry

There are no FILES in the registry. The registry itself IS a file, dipshit.

and when you do a re-install, the files must be completely removed.

They’re still not files. Stop talking about things you don’t understand before you give some really bad advice and cost someone their PC.

First. remove all files and folders from "Program Files" Next "run" Registry Editor "regedit". Scan and delete all files pertaining to
photoshop CS. please be careful with this, as regedit shows no mercy

Advice like that.

If you are unfamilar with this process, then have your buddy do it for you Once completely remove from the computer, You then do a clean install. If done properly I guanantee it will work for you. be carefull and good luck

You can’t even SPELL guarantee you worthless piece of shit.
U
UlyssesT
Jul 17, 2012
Now I am really pissed off at you, you son of a bitch
go I love yourself
I was only trying to help
JA
jm.almeras
Jul 17, 2012

On 2012-07-16 13:41:45 -0700, "jm.almeras" said:

Thank you Savageduck

I tried do desinstall Photoshop CS, then I switched off my AVAST antivirus,
then I installed Photoshop CS again, same thing : not responding
I forgot to mention something which i find quite strange : as you know Photoshop CS and ImageReady are installed at the same time. ImageReady works
perfectly ! So does Photoshop 7 . It is only with Photoshop CS that i have that problem.

One of my colleagues, a system guy, tried to fix my laptop this morning. He
created a new administrator account, switched back the system to some time ago, tried to reinstall the product, no way !

Thanks for your help

Jean-Marie

Time to call Adobe and CS support. I suspect there is a major conflict issue which is not going to be an easy fix.

BTW: if you look at the way your top posting disrupts the chronology of this thread, you might get some idea of why bottom and interleaved posting is preferred with Usenet posts. Consider bottom &/or interleaved posting in future.

It improves the conversational quality of discussion in a particular NG while maintaining chronology. For example, if you read this particular post top to bottom, you have disturbed the chronology and attributes by responding before your original query and my response.

The concept of top posting is an email convention where reference can be made to an original.

On 2012-07-15 09:16:47 -0700, "jm.almeras"
said:

Dear Photoshop experts,

I was working fine with Photoshop CS, I interrupted my work for 2 hours and resumed work, to find out that Photoshop was not responding. I lost my
work, then rebooted the PC, started Photoshop CS again and it keeps saying
it is not responding.

That could be a problem.

Highly likely.

thank you !

Regards,

Savageduck

Thank you Savageduck, i was not conscious about this issue of top or bottom posting. I searched the web, found explanations. I hope i am doing it right now ! concerning the technical issue, i will answer to Ulysses and explain what i dit tonight. I had more surprises ! All the best

Jean-Marie
JA
jm.almeras
Jul 17, 2012
"Ülysses" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : sakNr.4240$

go I love yourself

Thank you Ulysses, let us remain calm verbally !
This is what I did tonight after receiving your advice. May I mention to Voivod that the grammatical perfection of messages is not the prime concern, i understood Ulysses message and did the following :

– uninstall Photoshop CS
– run CCleaner to clean Registry
– find out that Photoshop CS was still there !
– find out that it is impossible to uninstall Photoshop CS ! Did it 3 times in a row !
– delete C:\program files\adobe\Photoshop CS
– run CCleaner again
– install Photoshop CS again !
– Run Photoshop CS : not responding. Run ImageReady : all OK ! – Uninstall Photoshop CS : this time it is uninstalled fine – Install Photoshop CS again, run it, not responding

Also, for Voivod : jean-marie is a man’s name. but i understood your tip to have my buddy fix the thing, so i passed over to my girlfriend she’s more clever than I am 😉 !
V
Voivod
Jul 17, 2012
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:46:14 -0400, "Ülysses" scribbled:

Oh no. Whatever will I do? Oh… I know! I’ll ridicule you some more!

go I love yourself

No. Now what?

You’re used to failing miserably, aren’t you?
S
Savageduck
Jul 17, 2012
On 2012-07-17 13:57:15 -0700, "jm.almeras" said:

<<< Le Snip >>>

<<< Le Snip >>>

Thank you Savageduck, i was not conscious about this issue of top or bottom posting. I searched the web, found explanations. I hope i am doing it right now ! concerning the technical issue, i will answer to Ulysses and explain what i dit tonight. I had more surprises ! All the best

Jean-Marie

I think you almost have the idea.
Just a few more things;
If you see a sig with a sig delimiter "– " do not place your response below that sig delimiter, as your response will be excluded from any response. Keep your response below the last text and above the sig delimiter.

Also if the remaining text is no longer relevant to the conversation/discussion it is OK to snip text from your response. This also makes it easy for readers to follow, as in the case of this response, which has moved beyond your problems with CS.

Anyway good luck with fixing the CS problem.

Regards,

Savageduck
S
Savageduck
Jul 17, 2012
On 2012-07-17 14:24:36 -0700, "jm.almeras" said:

go I love yourself

This is what I did tonight after receiving your advice. May I mention to Voivod that the grammatical perfection of messages is not the prime concern, i understood Ulysses message and did the following :
– uninstall Photoshop CS
– find out that it is impossible to uninstall Photoshop CS ! Did it 3 times in a row !
– run CCleaner again
– Run Photoshop CS : not responding. Run ImageReady : all OK ! – Uninstall Photoshop CS : this time it is uninstalled fine – Install Photoshop CS again, run it, not responding

….and this is another reason many of us prefer Macs.

Also, for Voivod : jean-marie is a man’s name. but i understood your tip to have my buddy fix the thing, so i passed over to my girlfriend she’s more clever than I am 😉 !

For now Viovod seems content to withhold good advise which might help solve any problems, unless he lets it reach you inadvertently.

Regards,

Savageduck
TC
tony cooper
Jul 18, 2012
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:46:14 -0400, "Ülysses" wrote:

go I love yourself
Why in the world would you get pissed off at Void? You scrape him off your shoe, but you don’t bother getting pissed.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
TC
tony cooper
Jul 18, 2012
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:28:22 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

<<< Le Snip >>>

<<< Le Snip >>>

Jean-Marie

Just a few more things;
If you see a sig with a sig delimiter "– " do not place your response below that sig delimiter, as your response will be excluded from any response. Keep your response below the last text and above the sig delimiter.

Well, if a poster uses the proper sig delimiter, the delimiter and the sig will not be on screen when you respond. You won’t be able to post below it. That’s the purpose of sig delimiter.

V
Voivod
Jul 18, 2012
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 23:24:36 +0200, "jm.almeras" scribbled:

go I love yourself

While you’re remaining calm, learn to quote properly.

Following his advice is like following a blind man through a mine field.

– uninstall Photoshop CS

That wasn’t any part of his advice.

– run CCleaner again

You’re so clever? That wasn’t my advice, idiot.
V
Voivod
Jul 18, 2012
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:34:18 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> scribbled:

On 2012-07-17 14:24:36 -0700, "jm.almeras" said:

go I love yourself

– uninstall Photoshop CS
– run CCleaner again

…and this is another reason many of us prefer Macs.

For now Viovod seems content to withhold good advise which might help solve any problems, unless he lets it reach you inadvertently.

Juggle grenades. HTH. HAND.
V
Voivod
Jul 18, 2012
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:05:24 -0400, tony cooper
scribbled:

go I love yourself
Why in the world would you get pissed off at Void? You scrape him off your shoe, but you don’t bother getting pissed.

Poor Tony. Still in Grammar School making name lames.
S
Savageduck
Jul 18, 2012
On 2012-07-17 17:08:32 -0700, tony cooper said:

<<< Le Snip >>>

<<< Le Snip >>>

Jean-Marie

Just a few more things;

Well, if a poster uses the proper sig delimiter, the delimiter and the sig will not be on screen when you respond. You won’t be able to post below it. That’s the purpose of sig delimiter.

….and for folks using dedicated Usenet clients such as your Agent and my Unison, that works as it should. We discussed this at length in other groups with Eric.
You might have noticed the OP is using MS Windows Live Mail which does not respond to Usenet convention and the sig delimiter.
So unless users of MS Win Live Mail are aware of the detrimental effect of responding below the sig delimiter resulting in problems for those of us using conforming Usenet clients.

My simple advice to the OP was to ensure that his response is between the bottom of the last piece of text, and above the sig delimiter. That way he will be able to continue using MS Win Live Mail without screwing things up for folks like us.

Regards,

Savageduck
TC
tony cooper
Jul 18, 2012
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:42:29 -0700, Savageduck

<<< Le Snip >>>

<<< Le Snip >>>

Jean-Marie

Just a few more things;

…and for folks using dedicated Usenet clients such as your Agent and my Unison, that works as it should. We discussed this at length in other groups with Eric.
You might have noticed the OP is using MS Windows Live Mail which does not respond to Usenet convention and the sig delimiter.
So unless users of MS Win Live Mail are aware of the detrimental effect of responding below the sig delimiter resulting in problems for those of us using conforming Usenet clients.

My simple advice to the OP was to ensure that his response is between the bottom of the last piece of text, and above the sig delimiter. That way he will be able to continue using MS Win Live Mail without screwing things up for folks like us.

So in MS Win Live Mail, a sig delimiter is not a sig delimiter. It’s just keystrokes. But, it magically becomes a sig delimiter when a non-conforming user responds below it, and a conforming responder responds to that, and poof!

S
Savageduck
Jul 18, 2012
On 2012-07-17 18:05:17 -0700, tony cooper said:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:42:29 -0700, Savageduck

<<< Le Snip >>>

<<< Le Snip >>>

Jean-Marie

Just a few more things;

…and for folks using dedicated Usenet clients such as your Agent and my Unison, that works as it should. We discussed this at length in other groups with Eric.

So in MS Win Live Mail, a sig delimiter is not a sig delimiter. It’s just keystrokes. But, it magically becomes a sig delimiter when a non-conforming user responds below it, and a conforming responder responds to that, and poof!

Exactly!

Regards,

Savageduck
U
UlyssesT
Jul 20, 2012
"tony cooper" wrote in message

go I love yourself

You are 100% correct, Tony
I overreacted. No more. HE is blocked on all computers
V
Voivod
Jul 20, 2012
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:10:33 -0400, Ülysses
scribbled:

"tony cooper" wrote in message

go I love yourself

Coward.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections