Jul 8, 2012
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a few photoshop actions and sets
I wish to share with you
altho I cannot give the actual action here,
I can give the text for it, and you can create it yourself any takers ? and maybe some can share also
WELL ??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

V
Voivod
Jul 8, 2012
On Sun, 8 Jul 2012 15:12:35 -0400, "Ülysses" scribbled:

I have a few photoshop actions and sets
I wish to share with you
altho I cannot give the actual action here,
I can give the text for it, and you can create it yourself any takers ? and maybe some can share also
WELL ??

I’m amazed. I think you’ve gotten as stupid as humanly possible and then you prove me wrong.
U
UlyssesT
Jul 9, 2012
Adobe Photoshop has a host of automation tools, one of the most versatile and powerful of them is called an action. In fact, some of the other automation commands, such as batches and droplets, derive their functionality from actions.

An action is like a macro or script; however, while scripts have a reputation for being confusing and difficult, actions are very easy to create. If you know how to use Photoshop, you know most of what you need to create your own actions.

For example, let’s say that you have 100 digital photos that you’d like to post on the Internet. Normally, you’d have to load each one, scale, color correct, sharpen, and then save them one at a time. Alternatively, you could create an action that does all the "dirty work" for you – and best of all, you’ll get consistent results in far less time than you could’ve achieved by doing it manually!

Although actions can be used to automate all sorts of tasks, some common uses include:

batch-processing multiple images;
applying consistent treatments;
repeating tedious or mundane tasks; or
distributing reproducible special effects.
To better understand actions, let’s begin with a comprehensive overview of the Actions panel, including the commands available in the Actions panel menu. We’ll then use these commands to create a couple of actions of our very own!

Introduction to the Actions Panel
The Actions panel is sort of like a "mini action editor": it allows you to create (record), edit, load, save, delete and play actions (among other things). To show or hide the Actions panel, use the Window
V
Voivod
Jul 9, 2012
On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 07:32:37 -0400, "Ülysses" scribbled:

Adobe Photoshop has a host of automation tools, one of the most versatile and powerful of them is called an action. In fact, some of the other automation commands, such as batches and droplets, derive their functionality from actions.

An action is like a macro or script; however, while scripts have a reputation for being confusing and difficult, actions are very easy to create. If you know how to use Photoshop, you know most of what you need to create your own actions.

For example, let’s say that you have 100 digital photos that you’d like to post on the Internet. Normally, you’d have to load each one, scale, color correct, sharpen, and then save them one at a time. Alternatively, you could create an action that does all the "dirty work" for you – and best of all, you’ll get consistent results in far less time than you could’ve achieved by doing it manually!

Although actions can be used to automate all sorts of tasks, some common uses include:

batch-processing multiple images;
applying consistent treatments;
repeating tedious or mundane tasks; or
distributing reproducible special effects.
To better understand actions, let’s begin with a comprehensive overview of the Actions panel, including the commands available in the Actions panel menu. We’ll then use these commands to create a couple of actions of our very own!

Introduction to the Actions Panel
The Actions panel is sort of like a "mini action editor": it allows you to create (record), edit, load, save, delete and play actions (among other things). To show or hide the Actions panel, use the Window » Show Actions command or press the F9 key.

Photoshop for Dummies by a Dummy.

When you’re plagiarizing you should quote your source, douche.
U
UlyssesT
Jul 9, 2012
It is difficult to explain the use of Action without going to a professional for help
I use Actions a lot, and only trying to help those who are not familiar with the process
Actions can speed up a set of commands, such as multiple pics to process

"The older I get, the faster I was. The more I forget" >>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections