C
Posted By
Carrie
Apr 9, 2012
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried to sign in to my Photobucket account just now, it keps saying ‘incorrect user name or password". I know my username and password.. I tried "forget password" but it said they have no account of my username. Same with my email address.
I checked on here because I had recently posted links to pictures I had uploaded to Photobucket, and they still open. So, the account/album is still there.
I’ll try again later. I don’t have the cap locks on and typed it in carefully. It’s sort of like The Twilight Zone, maybe I’m not really here or something.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Carrie
Apr 9, 2012
"Carrie" wrote in message
I tried to sign in to my Photobucket account just now, it keps saying ‘incorrect user name or password". I know my username and password.. I tried "forget password" but it said they have no account of my username. Same with my email address.
I checked on here because I had recently posted links to pictures I had uploaded to Photobucket, and they still open. So, the account/album is still there.
I’ll try again later. I don’t have the cap locks on and typed it in carefully. It’s sort of like The Twilight Zone, maybe I’m not really here or something.
\
Okay, I just tried it a few more times and now it works… Internet ghosts?
V
Voivod
Apr 9, 2012
On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 18:13:11 -0400, "Carrie"
scribbled:

Do you always babble like an imbecile?
U
Ulysses
Apr 10, 2012
I know the feeling. When mad at the computer,
I slap the monitor, bang on the keyboard,
stomp the floor and yell at the computer to wake up and listen we all treat our computers like they are human
V
Voivod
Apr 10, 2012
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:10:59 -0400, "Ulysses" scribbled:

Yes, you know abject stupidity well.

Putting the blame on inanimate objects. Do you kick the cat too?

stomp the floor and yell at the computer to wake up and listen we all treat our computers like they are human

No, those of us with triple digit IQs treat them like the technology they are.
C
Carrie
Apr 11, 2012
"Ulysses" wrote in message
when I first got a computer (1998, seems like a long time ago now, and like I’ve always had one) I was writing something about this and someone said there had been a study where they found computers reacted to the moods./feelings of the one using it.
I used to think (and maybe still do) you have to show the computer you know what you’re doing, of pretend you do. Like sit down and hit keys and do something, in a confident way. I remember when they first were getting popular (computers) must have been back in the dos days, being at Sears (store) in a room with computers around for people to look at, and a little kid sitting down and hitting keys and bring things up and doing something on one. I also remember when our libray changed from the cardfile system to computer (they called them terminals, set up to look things up) I thought I’d never find anything in the library (by looking it up) again. I’d get stuck and the librarian would come and hit a few keys and bring it up. We have to remember who is the boss (me or this hunk of plastic, cables and circuits)
V
Voivod
Apr 11, 2012
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:16:47 -0400, "Carrie"
scribbled:

"Ulysses" wrote in message
when I first got a computer (1998, seems like a long time ago now, and like I’ve always had one) I was writing something about this and someone said there had been a study where they found computers reacted to the moods./feelings of the one using it.

Just like plants…

I used to think (and maybe still do) you have to show the computer you

You’ve never thought, not once.

know what you’re doing, of pretend you do. Like sit down and hit keys and do something, in a confident way. I remember when they first were getting popular (computers) must have been back in the dos days, being at Sears

They were first getting popular in the 1980’s almost twenty years before your stupid hands ever fucked one up.

(store) in a room with computers around for people to look at, and a little kid sitting down and hitting keys and bring things up and doing something on one. I also remember when our libray changed from the cardfile system to computer (they called them terminals, set up to look things up) I thought I’d never find anything in the library (by looking it up) again. I’d get

That’s because you’re a fucking idiot.

stuck and the librarian would come and hit a few keys and bring it up. We have to remember who is the boss (me or this hunk of plastic, cables and circuits)

Quite often the boss IS dumber than the employee.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections