C
Posted By
Carrie
Jan 8, 2012
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This topic came up awhile ago, not sure if anything good was found… I remembered the Kodak Easyshare software did this, so one day downloaded it, hadn’t had it in for years, and had it ONLY for the cartoon effect. When you download it (free) you can do it custom, and not put in the extras you don’t need if you don’t plan to use it with a Kodak Easyshare camera, etc. Also, after it’s in, it wants to upload all your photoes, but you don’t have to. Then, you have to open the photo(s) you want, click on one, EDIT and pick "fun effects" from the menu. I see they seem to have some new ones from before like spotlight and fisheye, and comic book (I think comes out in a light b&w line effect). I never did anything with this except the cartoon effect, which is pretty good. That is still there. Once you put it on, you have to click "done" and save as and all that. It seems kind of bulky (all the separate steps) compared to PS, I have to keep remembering things like click "done" after it. There are other effects one can do too, like crop, lighten, etc that might change how the cartoon effect looks, but I just did it as is, I think it comes out pretty good. Don’t think there is a way to make a duplicate layer and then fade the effect (like with PS filters and effects) This is the one I tried so far:
And once you get used to all the open, click, edit, fun effects, apply, done, save, etc. for each it’s simple. I think you can do a bunch at once, too, if you open and select them all. Maybe even a whole folder.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/starchild_dreams3/ cartoon_Meg.jpg

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
Joel
Feb 16, 2012
"Carrie" wrote:

This topic came up awhile ago, not sure if anything good was found… I remembered the Kodak Easyshare software did this, so one day downloaded it, hadn’t had it in for years, and had it ONLY for the cartoon effect. When you download it (free) you can do it custom, and not put in the extras you don’t need if you don’t plan to use it with a Kodak Easyshare camera, etc.

As I have responsed to another CARTOON message saying that you DO NOT need and may not want to use any plug-in to do this silly effect.

Because you should be able to come up with the similar and more just by using few of the Photoshop’s entertainment commands. These tools have been around for many years, they are not only so easy to use but they can do much more than any plug-in possible can

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections