C
Posted By
coltrane
Apr 7, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to paste text from a Word document and insert it into an image. I choose grayscale. The text is white and I am pasting it onto a gray background. The problem is that the text comes out blurred or fuzzy. Is there any way to paste text into a photoshop document?

thanks for the help

john

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SD
shiva das
Apr 7, 2011
In article <4d9e1813$0$19555$>,
coltrane wrote:

I would like to paste text from a Word document and insert it into an image. I choose grayscale. The text is white and I am pasting it onto a gray background. The problem is that the text comes out blurred or fuzzy. Is there any way to paste text into a photoshop document?
thanks for the help

john

Simple copy & paste.

Open a Word document
Select the text you want
Copy it (CMD-C)

Switch to Photoshop
Make background layer the gray you want
Select the Type tool
Click where you want your text
Set font, size, color, and anti-aliasing you want
Make sure the insert point is blinking
Paste text (CMD-V)

There should now be two layers, Background and Layer 1 (a type layer). The type remains editable vector-based unless you explicitly rasterize it (Layer > Rasterize > Type) so it should always have sharp edges

None of the formatting from the Word document will carry over — Photoshop only sees the text.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections