N
Posted By
N
Nov 5, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PS CS3 purchased in Aus. The upgrade price to CS5 is $199 USD on the Adobe site if I select US region. If I select Australia the download price is $307 which is similar to the store price on Australian web sites.

With the dollar at parity now, is there an issue with licensing, like with some other products, particularly Nikon, where the world regions have different serial keys and they don’t intermingle?

Can I use my Australian key with the upgrade software purchased from the US site?

N

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
nomail
Nov 6, 2010
"N" wrote:
I have PS CS3 purchased in Aus. The upgrade price to CS5 is $199 USD on the Adobe site if I select US region. If I select Australia the download price is $307 which is similar to the store price on Australian web sites.

With the dollar at parity now, is there an issue with licensing, like with some other products, particularly Nikon, where the world regions have different serial keys and they don’t intermingle?

Can I use my Australian key with the upgrade software purchased from the US site?

The keys are not the problem. The problem is that Adobe US is not going to compete with Adobe AUS by allowing you to purchase a US key on a non-US credit card.

Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com
N
N
Nov 6, 2010
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message

"N" wrote:

The keys are not the problem. The problem is that Adobe US is not going to compete with Adobe AUS by allowing you to purchase a US key on a non-US credit card.

==========================================================

So if I can buy the upgrade from another US site, it would be OK, or if I get a relative in the US to use his CC and I repay him, it would be OK.

N
N
nomail
Nov 7, 2010
"N" wrote:

"N" wrote:

The keys are not the problem. The problem is that Adobe US is not going
to compete with Adobe AUS by allowing you to purchase a US key on a non-US credit card.

So if I can buy the upgrade from another US site, it would be OK, or if I get a relative in the US to use his CC and I repay him, it would be OK.

Technically, yes. I’m not sure that it’s also legally OK.

Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com
TO
The Old Bloke
Nov 7, 2010

Technically, yes. I’m not sure that it’s also legally OK.

There is no legal problem in Aus. It’s no different to me buying it when I am in the USA and bringing it back to Oz.

In Oz the Eulas are not enforceable, but of course copyright laws prevail.
T
Talker
Nov 7, 2010
On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 09:39:19 +1100, "N" wrote:

"N" wrote:

The safest thing to do is to check with Adobe. Tell them that you will be visiting relatives here in the states and wondered if it would be okay to buy CS5 while you are here and take it back with you since it’s cheaper here.
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember something about the US version not being activated if the internet server is in another country. That is, if you installed CS5 on your home computer in Aus, then tried to activate it, since your internet server is outside the US, it wouldn’t activate. Of course that might be just a myth that Adobe wants you to believe. Your best bet is to check with them to make sure.

Talker

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections