Posted By
Michael Zock
Aug 29, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello

Is there a plugin which works similar to the "Zealous Crop" command in Gimp?

For those who are not familiar with this feature, take the following image as an example: http://a.imageshack.us/img651/2561/solarsb.jpg In Gimp, simply switching the background color to white and executing the command would crop the image by eliminating all the completely white horizontal and vertical lines. What’s left is an image with only the blue solar panels. This could then quickly be applied as a texture to a 3D model.

I’m sure you can see how this could prove to be time saving once the image in question is more complex.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Michael

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jeffc
Sep 10, 2010
In article <1f49ee20-73eb-4114-a76b-f7b2c484a7b4
@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
says…
Hello

Is there a plugin which works similar to the "Zealous Crop" command in Gimp?

For those who are not familiar with this feature, take the following image as an example: http://a.imageshack.us/img651/2561/solarsb.jpg In Gimp, simply switching the background color to white and executing the command would crop the image by eliminating all the completely white horizontal and vertical lines. What’s left is an image with only the blue solar panels. This could then quickly be applied as a texture to a 3D model.

I’m sure you can see how this could prove to be time saving once the image in question is more complex.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Michael
I’m not positive I understand, but would using
the Magic Wand to select all the white and
punching Del do it? The selected/deleted areas
will become transparent. (A better choice might
be the Quick Selection tool with a little edge
refining applied.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections