D
Posted By
Dave
Jul 26, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
At a show, a Garden and Home show, which I visited yesterday, I saw Fine Art Prints being printed on wood. Or at least, that is the impression. It certainly is not paintings, but photos with the edges roughed up, so to create the impression of paintings. It may be artificial wood, but the question still remains. Any one with an idea how this could be done?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
nomail
Jul 26, 2010
Dave wrote:
At a show, a Garden and Home show, which I visited yesterday, I saw Fine Art Prints being printed on wood. Or at least, that is the impression. It certainly is not paintings, but photos with the edges roughed up, so to create the impression of paintings. It may be artificial wood, but the question still remains. Any one with an idea how this could be done?

Printing is usually done on specially prepared materials. A coating on the material is used to keep the ink. That means that the underlying material can be anything, including wood.

Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com
D
Dave
Jul 26, 2010
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 02:41:21 -0500, Johan W. Elzenga
wrote:

Dave wrote:

Printing is usually done on specially prepared materials. A coating on the material is used to keep the ink. That means that the underlying material can be anything, including wood.

Thanks Johan, and sorry for this late reply
but I went to my office minutes after posting this message. I am still curious how it can be printed on something like wood. The only printers I know of, can print on nothing else than paper. I have formerly seen somewhere an ad for making prints on ceramic tiles. Prints are done on Venetian blinds. Now on wood.
What kind of equipment or printers are used there for?
J
Joe
Jul 26, 2010
Johan W. Elzenga wrote:

Dave wrote:

And you meant to say "T-Shirt Transfer" or something like that? If you want to print directly on wood then you may need a special printer (more like PRESS then print).
N
nomail
Jul 26, 2010
Dave wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 02:41:21 -0500, Johan W. Elzenga
wrote:

Dave wrote:

Printing is usually done on specially prepared materials. A coating on
the material is used to keep the ink. That means that the underlying material can be anything, including wood.

Thanks Johan, and sorry for this late reply
but I went to my office minutes after posting this message. I am still curious how it can be printed on something like wood. The only printers I know of, can print on nothing else than paper. I have formerly seen somewhere an ad for making prints on ceramic tiles. Prints are done on Venetian blinds. Now on wood.
What kind of equipment or printers are used there for?

Obvously are special kind of printers. My large format printer can print on canvas and carton as well. Another possibiliy is to use wax transfer. http://www.instructables.com/id/Printing-colour-images-on-to -wood%3A-Making-letter-t/

Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com
D
Dave
Jul 26, 2010
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:25:22 -0500, Joe wrote:

Johan W. Elzenga wrote:

Dave wrote:

And you meant to say "T-Shirt Transfer" or something like that? If you want to print directly on wood then you may need a special printer (more like PRESS then print).

Thanks Joe. I should have added ‘the printers I know can print on paper, canvas and T-Shirts.’ Like you said, more like ‘press than print’.
D
Dave
Jul 26, 2010
Obvously are special kind of printers. My large format printer can print on canvas and carton as well. Another possibiliy is to use wax transfer. http://www.instructables.com/id/Printing-colour-images-on-to -wood%3A-Making-letter-t/

Thanks again, Johan. And thank you for this interesting link. I am certainly going to experiment herewith:-)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections