AB
Posted By
Aaron Burdick
Sep 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just like it says, Photoshop loads everything and then it exits the application before I can do anything. Has this happened to anybody else or does anybody know how i can fix this?

It’s quite odd…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SS
Shyamali Sur
Sep 20, 2003
I just downloaded Adobe photoshop 7 today but during installation after 80% a window pops up, Vbox error : Failed to initialize Security Client . Error code 202.
Could some one help me with this. Adobe does not open.
Thanks.
SS
Shyamali Sur
Sep 20, 2003
Sorry I forgot to mention that it is only the trial version. Help, help.
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 20, 2003
All I can tell you is that vbox is part of the mechanism that makes sure you only use it for the trial period. I don’t know what that specific message means, but a quick google search will tell you.
L
LenHewitt
Sep 20, 2003
Aaron,

Delete your preference file – details in the FAQ
J
Jumm
Sep 20, 2003
Worked like a charm for a friend in Stockholm, with similar problem. I’m now a "Genius"!!!!
Thanks Len,

Jim (photoshop newsgroup lurker)

"LenHewitt" wrote in message
Aaron,

Delete your preference file – details in the FAQ

RF
Rachel Fujii
Sep 25, 2003
I’m having that same exact problem! I’ve tried un-installing and re-installing it but still nothing works.
Did you find a solution? My computer says that the program is locked and that I have to use the Properties command in the Windows Explorer to unlock it, but I don’t know where that is exactly.
If you’ve figured something out I’d appreciate it if you shared it. 🙂 Thanks.
DM
dave milbut
Sep 25, 2003
Did you find a solution?

did you read post #1?
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 25, 2003
dave milbut "opening big files over the network" 9/8/03 8:29am </cgi-bin/webx?14/6>
GM
George Masi
Sep 25, 2003
I am also having exactly this problem. It started last night, Wednesday, Sept.24, at about 11:30 PM. I had been using the program all day with no problem.

When I tried to reopen it last night it loaded then closed abruptly. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Since those here are having the identical problem there may be others as well.

Is there any solution?
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 25, 2003
Jeezus. Read the thread.
GM
George Masi
Sep 25, 2003
There is a solution. It is offered by someone identified as "sen"

Uninstall and then try to delete all ps files from your system manually. Delete any ps related entries from the registry as well.

Then delete this folder: System\Documents and Settings\yourloginname\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop.

This worked perfectly for me.

Thanks to "sen"!
L
LenHewitt
Sep 26, 2003
This worked perfectly for me.<<

As would a simple deletion of your preference file……..

But Hey, If you like making work for yourself…..

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections