Posted By
fxx
Jan 23, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello…

I am currently using CS4 and need to replace my graphics card. I will only be using it for Photoshop / Bridge / Web Design. (No gaming.)

Any cards recommended under $200.00?

Thank you in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
SDA
Jan 23, 2010
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:13:57 -0800, in alt.graphics.photoshop wrote:
Hello…

I am currently using CS4 and need to replace my graphics card. I will only be using it for Photoshop / Bridge / Web Design. (No gaming.)

Lots of reference web sites out there for this; Try Tom’s Hardware!

Go by the specs not opinions. ;-D
J
jaSPAMc
Jan 24, 2010
"S. Fishpaste" found these unused
words:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:13:57 -0800, in alt.graphics.photoshop wrote:
Hello…

Lots of reference web sites out there for this; Try Tom’s Hardware!
Go by the specs not opinions. ;-D

Yeah, V-12, soft top, must be Red, though.
J
jjs
Jan 24, 2010
I wanted to upgrade the graphics card on my office (not what I am using here at home) Mac Pro (tower) and found that to get the Right Stuff, I needed RAM that was not in the package I bought, however Apple claimed the hight-end graphics card would work.

I do not believe Apple. Their information conflicts. The outcome is that I will not upgrade any part.

The message is to Apple – get it straight!
O
Oliver
Jan 24, 2010
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:38:05 -0600, John Stafford
wrote this:

Do they watch this newsgroup then?

————————–
The Internet will become the
Sacred Sanctuary for Nutters and Idiots.
(Michel Nostradamus, December 14, 1503, July 2, 1566).
————————–
J
jaSPAMc
Jan 24, 2010
John Stafford found these unused words:

I wanted to upgrade the graphics card on my office (not what I am using here at home) Mac Pro (tower) and found that to get the Right Stuff, I needed RAM that was not in the package I bought, however Apple claimed the hight-end graphics card would work.

I do not believe Apple. Their information conflicts. The outcome is that I will not upgrade any part.

Don’t remember buying any graphics card in the last 15 years that didn’t come with ‘basic’ memory and ‘expansion’ for additional. But then that’s the usual with winblows.

Current cards seem to come able to ‘steal’ memory from the host for swap pages.
J
jjs
Jan 24, 2010
In article ,
Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Don’t remember buying any graphics card in the last 15 years that didn’t come with ‘basic’ memory and ‘expansion’ for additional. But then that’s the usual with winblows.

In this case the high end card required that the computer have the fast RAM, otherwise it can’t work to its potential. I can see how handshaking has to be compatible.
J
jaSPAMc
Jan 24, 2010

In article ,
Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

In this case the high end card required that the computer have the fast RAM, otherwise it can’t work to its potential. I can see how handshaking has to be compatible.

That’s different and much the -=usual case=- with winblows. You can’t get the most from a card unless the motherboard has the latest as well.

One of the reasons I’m on XP-Pro with 7 and the last version of N-idia’s cards for XP SP3.

Good enough for this retiree and [now] non-professional !
J
jjs
Jan 25, 2010
In article ,
Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

In article ,
Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Don’t remember buying any graphics card in the last 15 years that didn’t come with ‘basic’ memory and ‘expansion’ for additional. But then that’s the
usual with winblows.

That’s different and much the -=usual case=- with winblows.

At work, most of my production work is on the Mac Pro (tower).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections