S
Posted By
SS
Jan 4, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have some documents white background with black typeface. I would like to get better contrast between the white background and the black lettering.

Using the contrast tool I can whiten the background but I lose the clarity of the typeface.
Going the otherway it darkens the white background.

Is there an easy way to keep the background as is (white) and just `darkening` the lettering.

thank you

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mike Russell
Jan 4, 2010
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:36:11 -0000, SS wrote:

I have some documents white background with black typeface. I would like to get better contrast between the white background and the black lettering.

Using the contrast tool I can whiten the background but I lose the clarity of the typeface.

Is there an easy way to keep the background as is (white) and just `darkening` the lettering.

thank you

Try the levels command – you will see two peaks, one for the paper and one for the type – move the black and white rectangles into each of the respective peaks, and fine tune using the gray triangle.

If darkening the lettering causes areas of the paper to become dark – if that’s the case you may need to provide an example.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
S
SS
Jan 4, 2010
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:36:11 -0000, SS wrote:

Using the contrast tool I can whiten the background but I lose the clarity
of the typeface.

thank you

Try the levels command – you will see two peaks, one for the paper and one for the type – move the black and white rectangles into each of the respective peaks, and fine tune using the gray triangle.
If darkening the lettering causes areas of the paper to become dark – if that’s the case you may need to provide an example.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com

Thanks Mike that sorts my problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections