B
Posted By
Bobby77501
Nov 26, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m reposting this thread in case appropriate readers missed it the first time around:

Wondering what the Photoshop population thinks about the Topaz series of plug-ins……

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobS
Dec 2, 2009
wrote in message
I’m reposting this thread in case appropriate readers missed it the first time around:

Wondering what the Photoshop population thinks about the Topaz series of plug-ins……

I have tried the ReMask plug-in and not impressed at all. It was hell to get installed (buggy), cryptic error messages, it has memory problems on large file sizes (even the latest version) and confusing and time consuming to use. I see no advantage to using this plug-in in it’s present state. A plug-in should simplify a process – not create problems and more work.

An email to tech support was answered within an hour but a follow-up email has yet to be answered after 4 days. I sent them a "typical" photo from a shoot I’m doing for a client so they could see for themselves what my concerns and frustrations were about. Waiting for the response but I doubt it will ever come. That does not speak well for their support.

They are implying that the ReMask is dead simple to use but in reality I found it more tedious than making a mask manually in CS4.

Great idea, lousy implementation and certainly not ready for prime time.

Bob S.
B
Bobby77501
Dec 22, 2009
Thank you for your reply………

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:45:07 -0500, "BobS" wrote:

wrote in message

I have tried the ReMask plug-in and not impressed at all. It was hell to get installed (buggy), cryptic error messages, it has memory problems on large file sizes (even the latest version) and confusing and time consuming to use. I see no advantage to using this plug-in in it’s present state. A plug-in should simplify a process – not create problems and more work.

An email to tech support was answered within an hour but a follow-up email has yet to be answered after 4 days. I sent them a "typical" photo from a shoot I’m doing for a client so they could see for themselves what my concerns and frustrations were about. Waiting for the response but I doubt it will ever come. That does not speak well for their support.

They are implying that the ReMask is dead simple to use but in reality I found it more tedious than making a mask manually in CS4.

Bob S.
B
BobS
Dec 22, 2009
To follow-up.

I’ve been using the 30 day trial of their other filters and find them useful and certainly implemented way better than the Re-Mask filter. I’d consider purchasing the set if the price was a bit more reasonable.

Bob S.

wrote in message
Thank you for your reply………

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:45:07 -0500, "BobS"
wrote:

wrote in message

Wondering what the Photoshop population thinks about the Topaz series
of plug-ins……

I have tried the ReMask plug-in and not impressed at all. It was hell
to get installed (buggy), cryptic error messages, it has memory problems on large file sizes (even the latest version) and confusing and time consuming to use. I see no advantage to using this plug-in in
it’s present state. A plug-in should simplify a process – not create problems and more work.

They are implying that the ReMask is dead simple to use but in reality
I found it more tedious than making a mask manually in CS4.

Bob S.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections