Extensis Photo Tools under CS3 (formerly known under 7.0)??

RW
Posted By
Ronald Wegerich
Sep 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

today I updated Photoshop from the old version 7.0 to CS3 (Win XP SP3). One reason I never updated before is, that I got used to the beloved filters and tools by Extensis, named PhotoTools (Photo Bevel, Photo Cast Shadow and so on) and I always was afraid that I couldn’t use them anymore in a new version. Exactly this has happened now. Looking for them in a new version for CS3 I cannot find any in the web.

So can anybody give me a hint how to solve my problem? Maybe those filters (mentioned above) just got other names? Any free solution would be most welcomed.

Thanks for hints,

Ronald

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
rob
Sep 30, 2009
Ronald Wegerich wrote:
Hi,

today I updated Photoshop from the old version 7.0 to CS3 (Win XP SP3). One reason I never updated before is, that I got used to the beloved filters and tools by Extensis, named PhotoTools (Photo Bevel, Photo Cast Shadow and so on) and I always was afraid that I couldn’t use them anymore in a new version. Exactly this has happened now. Looking for them in a new version for CS3 I cannot find any in the web.
So can anybody give me a hint how to solve my problem? Maybe those filters (mentioned above) just got other names? Any free solution would be most welcomed.

Thanks for hints,

Ronald

those plugins should just copy into CS3 and work.

Have you tried to load them again into CS3?
RW
Ronald Wegerich
Sep 30, 2009
Rob wrote:

Yes, I tried, but they don’t work in CS3. Or in what folder do I have to copy them in your opinion? Maybe I put them into the wrong folder (same as in 7.0). German Version.

Ron
R
rob
Sep 30, 2009
Ronald Wegerich wrote:
Rob wrote:

Yes, I tried, but they don’t work in CS3. Or in what folder do I have to copy them in your opinion? Maybe I put them into the wrong folder (same as in 7.0). German Version.

Ron

There is a point where PS needs new plugins

should be something like this

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-ins

Extensis sold off bits to Adobe and are now have limited software applications.

Which plugins do you require as I may have some to suit CS3. I recall older plugins from Extensis which came on a CD.
RW
Ronald Wegerich
Sep 30, 2009
Rob schrieb:

Which plugins do you require as I may have some to suit CS3. I recall older plugins from Extensis which came on a CD.

I always thought there is a difference between filters and plugins. Or filters are plugins, too?

I especially need the PhotoBevel and the PhotoCastShadow filters.

Meanwhile I found out that Extensis sold the PhotoTools to a company named onOne. They have a so called Version PhotoTools 2 Lite, labeled as "free", but after downloading the software, they tell you that licence expires after 30 days. So it’s not really free, it’s just a demo. 🙁

Ron
R
rob
Sep 30, 2009
Ronald Wegerich wrote:
Rob schrieb:

I always thought there is a difference between filters and plugins. Or filters are plugins, too?

Meanwhile I found out that Extensis sold the PhotoTools to a company named onOne. They have a so called Version PhotoTools 2 Lite, labeled as "free", but after downloading the software, they tell you that licence expires after 30 days. So it’s not really free, it’s just a demo. 🙁
Ron

Ah yes they have genuine fractals etc
AS
Axel Siebenwirth
Oct 1, 2009
"Ronald Wegerich" wrote in message
Rob schrieb:

Ron, instead of fretting over a silly plugin, spend the few hours it takes to learn how to do these effects in CS3. Dozens if not hundreds of free CS3 tutorials are available online.

Stuff like photo bevels and shadows are not complicated, and learning them will give you a much greater range and control compared to canned plugins like PhotoTools.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections