Rectangular selection tool stuck on "subtract" ?

D0
Posted By
deborah 0302
Jul 28, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

After my initial selection of an area using the rectangular marquee, the tool sticks on subtract. It used to de-slect on click and re- select a new area after click, but now instead of selecting a new area, it subtracts from the current area. Pounding on the alt, control and shift keys does not make it go back to how it was. It stays stuck on subtract so that I have to control-D to deselect before I can make a new selection.

I must have pressed something to create this bizarre setting but I can not figure out what.

Help ??

Gratefully,
Deborah

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JD
Aug 2, 2009
deborah 0302 wrote:
Hello,

After my initial selection of an area using the rectangular marquee, the tool sticks on subtract. It used to de-slect on click and re- select a new area after click, but now instead of selecting a new area, it subtracts from the current area. Pounding on the alt, control and shift keys does not make it go back to how it was. It stays stuck on subtract so that I have to control-D to deselect before I can make a new selection.

I must have pressed something to create this bizarre setting but I can not figure out what.

Help ??

Gratefully,
Deborah

See if resetting your Photoshop preferences helps:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

JD..
S
strgzr
Aug 3, 2009
JD wrote in news:s8CdnZP-
:

Look at the settings on the tool bar across the top has the first option
selected. The third option is for subtract.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections