P
Posted By
Phil
Jul 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Unless I use open> etc I can’t get the image I want to edit onto Photoshop won’t allow drag and drop

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
rob
Jul 3, 2009
Phil wrote:
Unless I use open> etc I can’t get the image I want to edit onto Photoshop won’t allow drag and drop

cos it will mine open in tabs
S
susanne
Jul 4, 2009
On Jul 3, 10:35 am, "Phil" wrote:
Unless I use open>  etc I can’t get the image I want to edit onto Photoshop won’t allow drag and drop

I’m puzzled with you dilemna, Phil. I’m able to drag and drop from my desktop, a folder and bridge without a problem. Are you dragging and dropping the images and allowing them to as a new document, or are you opening a new document and trying to drag and drop into a blank document?

Can you describe exactly what your process is that is not allowing you to successfully drag and drop? I believe we can help you with a bit more info…Please give us a detailed step by step of what you have tried so far…You may want to right click the image, select properties, and at the bottom of the general tab, make sure that "read only" is not checked. This can be an issue especially if you are moving images from a cd or dvd.

Rest assured that you absolutely can drag and drop in CS4

cheers,
susanne
P
Phil
Jul 4, 2009
"Rob" wrote in message
Phil wrote:

So yours does and mine doesn’t.
I wasn’t asking what YOURS did was I ?
Very helpful I don’t think
And it’s ‘course or "of course" NOT cos
P
Phil
Jul 4, 2009
"susanne" wrote in message
On Jul 3, 10:35 am, "Phil" wrote:

I’m puzzled with you dilemna, Phil. I’m able to drag and drop from my desktop, a folder and bridge without a problem. Are you dragging and dropping the images and allowing them to as a new document, or are you opening a new document and trying to drag and drop into a blank document?

Can you describe exactly what your process is that is not allowing you to successfully drag and drop? I believe we can help you with a bit more info…Please give us a detailed step by step of what you have tried so far…You may want to right click the image, select properties, and at the bottom of the general tab, make sure that "read only" is not checked. This can be an issue especially if you are moving images from a cd or dvd.

cheers,
susanne

Thanks Su (the ladies are so much nicer to chat with !)- actually it puzzled me too. I know you SHOULD be able to – done it so many times. I had to format my main HD and put everything on again, and went to drag and drop for the first time and – it wouldn’t let me. Oh, I could go through file>open no bother, yet after I put this request on, I tried again, and it did. Thereafter, no problem.
So weird it wouldn’t let me for the first 7 or 8 attempts. Hence, the asking if there was a solution.
Not needed now as it put itself right.
R
rob
Jul 4, 2009
Phil wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
Phil wrote:

So yours does and mine doesn’t.
I wasn’t asking what YOURS did was I ?
Very helpful I don’t think
And it’s ‘course or "of course" NOT cos

neither is tab
S
susanne
Jul 4, 2009
On Jul 4, 5:33 am, "Phil" wrote:
"susanne" wrote in message

On Jul 3, 10:35 am, "Phil" wrote:

Can you describe exactly what your process is that is not allowing you to successfully drag and drop? I believe we can help you with a bit more info…Please give us a detailed step by step of what you have tried so far…You may want to right click the image, select properties, and at the bottom of the general tab, make sure that "read only" is not checked. This can be an issue especially  if you are moving images from a cd or dvd.

cheers,
susanne

Thanks Su (the ladies are so much nicer to chat with !)- actually it puzzled me too. I know you SHOULD be able to – done it so many times. I had to format my main HD and put everything on again, and went to drag and drop for the first time and – it wouldn’t let me. Oh, I could go through file>open no bother, yet after I put this request on, I tried again, and it did. Thereafter, no problem.
So weird it wouldn’t let me for the first 7 or 8 attempts. Hence, the asking if there was a solution.
Not needed now as it put itself right.

So glad that is the case…I had a few weird bugaboos just after install myself. Smooth sailing with Photoshop CS4 since the first update. Now if only I could get the InDesign CS4 update installed. I’m probably looking at a reformat myself for that one in the near future…If I have to uninstall the whole Master Collection, I think you have the right idea to reformat before reinstall to make sure nothing lingers that should not. Thanks for the reminder on that one… oops…sorry to get off topic a bit…Happy Photoshopping…

cheers,
susanne

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections