DC
Posted By
Didier Chesto
Apr 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello group, I’m new here but I’d like to ask for some help. Here’s what happens.

In general with Windows programs, when you engage a function that opens a dialog box, you can’t click outside that dialog box. You hear a ping and nothing happens. This is because you either have to finish the dialog or cancel it.

This happens in Photoshop when I choose Layer -> New Adjustment Layer ->
[any of them]. The only thing is, I don’t see the dialog! From the ping and
the non-behaviour of Photoshop I conclude the dialog is active somewhere but I can’t find it. The only thing I can do is hit enter or escape, to let the invisible dialog finish. It disappeared since I had to pull out my graphics card due to a failure and went back from dual screen to single screen. I have a replacement card (other brand) that does dual screen again but still no dialog.

I use Photoshop 7 on Vista.

Hope that anyone can help me.

Everything I do is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. (W.C. Fields)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DC
Didier Chesto
Apr 15, 2009
Op Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:03:20 +0200 schreef Didier Chesto:

Hello group, I’m new here but I’d like to ask for some help. Here’s what happens.

In general with Windows programs, when you engage a function that opens a dialog box, you can’t click outside that dialog box. You hear a ping and nothing happens. This is because you either have to finish the dialog or cancel it.

the non-behaviour of Photoshop I conclude the dialog is active somewhere but I can’t find it. The only thing I can do is hit enter or escape, to let the invisible dialog finish. It disappeared since I had to pull out my graphics card due to a failure and went back from dual screen to single screen. I have a replacement card (other brand) that does dual screen again but still no dialog.

Update: also the color picker is invisible. It’s not limited to dialogs from the layers menu. I was thinking, is there a configuration file that stores the position of those dialogs? This might be corrupted. —
DC
Didier Chesto
Apr 15, 2009
Op Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:03:20 +0200 schreef Didier Chesto:

Solved it. For the record: the configuration is stored in C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\_Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings

I renamed that directory and restarted Photoshop. It behaved like a fresh installation and all windows are back.

Sorry to have been talking in myself. Was nice meeting you 🙂 —

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections