AB
Posted By
Alex_Blascyk
Mar 31, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well, for a while now, my photoshop tools wouldnt work. it was only the tools that involved "painting" like the brush tool and quick select. after reinstalling, they would work but suddenly they’d stop again. eventually i figured out that it was the pen for my wacom tablet. every time i used the pen, it would make the mouse not work untill i reinstalled the program. this means that a setting changes (pen pressure or something) when i use the pen and it doesnt change back when i use the mouse. i cant deturmine which setting changes. can someone help me out?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CY
curt_young
Mar 31, 2009
If you have the pen laying on, or near, the tablet it will cause tools to not work. Is this a possibility? Keep the pen away from tablet or in the holder.
AB
Alex_Blascyk
Apr 1, 2009
checked the FAQs before posting, so i tried that already. my pen works fine with everything, but id rather use my mouse for some tasks.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 1, 2009
but id rather use my mouse for some tasks.

that’s fine. what curt’s saying is just keep the pen away from the tablet while using the mouse. the pen is interfering with the selections when you’re not using it.
HS
Howard_Shapiro
Apr 2, 2009
As a serious amateur, using CS3, I have never had a Wacom tablet and want to get one. Is 4 x 6 big enough, or should I pop for a larger tablet. Is there any significant difference is using the Intuos 4 vs the 3?
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 2, 2009
I always recommend starting with the smaller one of the range. It is fine for most Photoshop purposes.

You can always get a larger one later if you really find you need it.

It also take up much less desk space.
HS
Howard_Shapiro
Apr 2, 2009
Is it worth buying the new (Intuos 4) model rather than the 3?
DE
David_E_Crawford
Apr 2, 2009
Howard,
All sites that came up just loved the heck out of it. I only found one site that had indept pro’s and con’s listed. Lots of other sites to read too.

< http://drawsketch.about.com/b/2009/03/29/wacom-intuos4-revie w.htm>

Mileage varies
AB
Alex_Blascyk
Apr 3, 2009
have already tried putting the pen well away from my tablet. thats what i was getting at in my second post.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 3, 2009
BUT I NEED HELP WITH MY TOOLS PLEASE!

Not so loud!

You haven’t said whether moving the pen a long way from the tablet cured the problem with the mouse or not.
AB
Alex_Blascyk
Apr 3, 2009
UGH! i guess my not so subtle hints didn’t get through when i said "i have already tried putting the pen well away from my tablet". so i will make it clear this time:

I already tried putting the pen well away from my tablet, it didn’t work.

don’t mean to be an jerk, but i already thought i made myself clear twice.

what makes me even angrier is how adobe refuses to help me with the problem unless i pay them.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 3, 2009
When you start a line with a small i it turns the line to italics.

Have you tried resetting all tablet settings to default in the Control Panel applet or re-installing the Wacom drivers?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections