TS
Posted By
Ted_Strickler
Mar 28, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working on a photo montage and some of the photos will not open. Most of them did just fine but I am thinking that the ones that will not might be because they are too large. I have tried Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Imaginate. None of those will work. Windows Paint will open them. Some of them I was able to resize in Paint and then open in Photoshop but the rest I cannot.

If I could scale down in Paint I think I could then get them to open in Photoshop but they are so big that I cannot do that. There doesn’t seem to be a demagnifier in Paint. Another thing, Windows Explorer reads them just fine as they show up as thumbnails and also in Filmstrip mode.

Anyway, any ideas on how to get around this?

Ted

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CY
curt_young
Mar 28, 2009
I know in Bridge under preferences/thumbnails there is a box that states "do not process files larger than xxx megabytes". Don’t know how that links to PhotoShop and what you have it set to. Might check that. Or are you using an early version of PS that does not use Bridge?
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 28, 2009
I think that was also an option in PS 7’s "Browser".
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 28, 2009
Since Photoshop opens images larger than Paint can handle – I doubt that size is the issue.

Corrupt files or incorrect file extensions are much more likely.
RS
Rayne_Sousa
Mar 28, 2009
what is the format or extension of the files?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections