MB
Posted By
mark_boyer
Mar 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS2 I installed a bunch of actions I downloaded: copied the atn files to Presets>Photoshop Actions.

Now I have CS3. I copied the atn files to Presets>Actions, but they don’t display in the dialog when I try to install the actions from the Actions pain in CS3. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 20, 2009
If you copied them to the right location they should be available from the Actions panels flyout menu(you need to restart photoshop to refresh that list), if they’re not, try this method of moving them to the right location:

Select the actions that you want to install and copy them to the clipboard(Ctrl+C) then go into Photoshop, open the Actions panel and from the flyout chose Load Actions. Paste the files(Ctrl+V) in the folder that gets opened. Restart Photoshop and your actions should be in the Actions panels flyout menu
MB
mark_boyer
Mar 20, 2009
Zeno,

Thanks. I actually tried something that worked a little while ago. In the Actions folder in the Windows Explorer, I selected each ATN file, right-clicked, and selected Open with Ps CS3. This added the actions to the Actions pane in CS3.

Software never ceases to amaze and befuddle me.

mark

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections