SK
Posted By
Stefan_Klein
Mar 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I run into this problem several times a day: My cursor is showing the hand tool no matter what tool is selected. And the tools of course do not work then. PS restart does not help, I have to restart the PC (Vista 32 Ultimate).
I read about this problem many time in the web. Why isn`t there any solution? Even CS4 11.01 has this bug.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Mar 17, 2009
I read about this problem many time in the web.

Did they mention that your space bar is probably sticking?
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 17, 2009
what john said. tab the space bar briskly. with authority. 🙂
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 17, 2009
It’s not the space bar, it also happened to me once and no amount of tapping(bashing) the space bar solved it but for me it did recover after i restarted PS. This was on vista 64 with the 64bit version of PS
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 17, 2009
then try the control key… and the alt key… and stop eating over your keyboard! 🙂
SK
Stefan_Klein
Mar 17, 2009
Hey guys, it`s not the spacebar, because while Photoshop has this problem, all other programms act normal at the same time.
P
Phosphor
Mar 17, 2009
I’ve noticed persistent Hand Tool behavior too since my jump from PS 7 to PS CS2 (where I am now). Apparently it’s still happening.

For me, a space bar tap releases me back to my currently selected tool/cursor.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 17, 2009
stop eating over your keyboard phos.♦
P
Phosphor
Mar 17, 2009
Like the O.P., I have no trouble with it being persistent in any other app.

‘sides, the only thing I do over my keyboard besides type and shed eyelashes & skin is sift dirt for gold.

Is that wrong? Should I not do that?
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 17, 2009
yes. that’s wrong. very wrong. don’t do that!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections