JM
Posted By
Judy_Maxson
Mar 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a DELL XPS 1330. The computer stopped working while I was visiting another country. The support people there had me reinstall VISTA on my computer thus ALL my programs were taken away. Well, turns out that was not the problem. 2 weeks later the same problem happened. The laptop is not repaired and I want to reinstall my CS3 Extended version. Can I just insert the disc and reinstall it to my computer? I am pretty computer illiterate on some things but can follow directions when they are given. I have not installed the program on any other computer b/c I thought it was registered to me on my laptop and did not want to mess that up for when mine was finally repaired. Any and all help is appreciated.

JUDY MAXSON

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AK
al.kuiper
Mar 17, 2009
On Mar 17, 8:06 am, wrote:
I have a DELL XPS 1330. The computer stopped working while I was visiting another country. The support people there had me reinstall VISTA on my computer thus ALL my programs were taken away. Well, turns out that was not the problem. 2 weeks later the same problem happened. The laptop is not repaired and I want to reinstall my CS3 Extended version. Can I just insert the disc and reinstall it to my computer? I am pretty computer illiterate on some things but can follow directions when they are given. I have not installed the program on any other computer b/c I thought it was registered to me on my laptop and did not want to mess that up for when mine was finally repaired. Any and all help is appreciated.

JUDY MAXSON

Hi Judy,

If you activated PS when you first installed it, Adobe has a record of your computer name, which is then linked to your copy of PS. When you reinstall PS and you reactivate it, the same computer name will be transfered to Adobe, so they won’t see it as an attempt to install it on a second computer.

Hope this helps.
Al
JT
John_T_Smith
Mar 17, 2009
The program will install from CD as many times as you wish

It will only ACTIVATE according to the license… I think you are allowed two installs, the theory being your "base" computer and a laptop

If you have problems during activation, you will have to call Adobe and tell them your previous install was not DE-activated, so they may help you with a new activation

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections