OL
Posted By
Oliver_Leveritt
Mar 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to CS3, but I’m not a total greenie in photo editing after working with Jasc & Corel over the past few years. This one is starting to make me feel stupid. Maybe I’m having a brain cramp. I see the Background Eraser Tool, but after searching high and low, I can’t find the Eraser Tool. Where is the little bugger hiding???

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 15, 2009
click and hold on the background eraser and chose the eraser from the popup list
P
Phosphor
Mar 15, 2009
Click and hold (or ALT+Click) on ALL the icons in the Toolbox that show a little tiny triangle on their buttons. LOTs of grouped (some call them "hidden". I don’t…) tools.

Anywhere you see just about ANY little icon, button, arrow or tiny triangle, try clicking and/or ALT+Clicking on them to see what secrets they hold.

Also, have a look at EVERY Menu item, and give them a try. Just don’t "Save" and close your image and you will always be able to go back to your original unedited state by clicking the image at the very top of your History Palette.

Don’t forget to give the Help files a thorough scan while you’re exploring, too.
OL
Oliver_Leveritt
Mar 15, 2009
Thanks !!! You all have been a huge help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections