Posted By
Jon_Thetre
Mar 14, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I have adobe CS4, windows vista and Nik software plugins. The plugins installed fine and I can open and use them in photoshop. However, when I click on "Ok" to apply the filter in photoshop, it shows as applied in the history states but it hasnt actually applied it to the photo.

Any Ideas why not?

The graphics cards is an ATI radeon HD 3650 and seems to be recognised by CS4 and am using open GL.

Any help would be appreciated as its quite an annoying problem!

thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JT
Jon_Thetre
Mar 14, 2009
any ideas? thanks
JT
Jon_Thetre
Mar 14, 2009
h,mmm… it seems that if i go to "settings" in the nik software and apply the changes to the "Current layer" it works ok. However, if i want to apply the changes to a new layer then it doesnt work. The layer never appears.
HB
harold_berm
Mar 14, 2009
I’ve had the same issue, intermittently, when using some plug-ins on a duplicate layer. I’ve been too busy/lazy to troubleshoot the issue thoroughly.

I just work around it by going to the filter menu (top) and clicking the first (actually the last filter used) entry to actually apply it. That is assuming that you haven’t used any other filters after the problematic one.
B
Buko
Mar 14, 2009
Have you spoken to NIK about this? This would be a prudent avenue to explore since Adobe did not make the plugins.
RL
Richard Lynch
Mar 15, 2009
Cold it be that you are applying the filter to a layer that is buried in the layer stack? The filter may be working fine but if the layer is not visible in the image or is blocked by other content, you may not see a thing!

Richard Lynch
<http://photoshopcs.com>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections