M
Posted By
marionbabich
Mar 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m really liking the dual monitor with Photoshop. My question is when I have PS open, I put my pallets on the right monitor and the work files on the left. When I have an image open and click on the maximize tab on the uppper right corner of the image, it expands to both monitors. Is there a setting to where it only maximizes on the left monitor instead of across both monitors?

Thanks for any help.
Marion

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WE
Wolf_Eilers
Mar 12, 2009
What version of Ps? XP or Vista? Which graphics card?

On XP SP3 I have my NVIDIA GeForce 7300GS setup with multiple displays configured in Dualview mode. My primary monitior (on the left) contains the Ps CS4 workspace with panels on the secondary (right) monitor.

Maximizing either the workspace or the image confines the workspace/image to the primary (left) monitor.
JM
John_Mensinger
Mar 13, 2009
Sounds like your dual setup is configured to "stretch one desktop across both screens." To behave the way you want it, they must be set as "independently configured."
S
SDA
Mar 13, 2009
As John M says you want to set it up so that each is independent of the other <ie> "extend" the display to the 2nd monitor, NOT treat as one large monitor. Your Video Card Display Software should have the terminology "extend". Perhaps you need to read the Video Display Manufactures help files before proceeding.
M
marionbabich
Mar 13, 2009
System is Windows xpsp2 home with NVIDIA Geforce 7300. I did have it set to across both desktop. I changed it to dual view or independently which now I can expand an image and it spans on the left monitor. That is good. But now I can put the tools,layers, and history pallets on the right monitor but the file browser will not move to the right monitor. Why is that?

Thanks again,
Marion
M
marionbabich
Mar 13, 2009
An update to my last post. I can dock the file broswer and open it and it will show on the right monitor. I was just trying to drag file broswer to the right monitor without docking it.
M
marionbabich
Mar 13, 2009
Using photoshop 7.01.
S
SDA
Mar 13, 2009
Dunno; did you read Wolf Eilers post about maximizing a window frame ? If one maximizes Bridge on my dual head setup, then one can’t can’t drag it to span both monitors. Perhaps that’s your problem ?

Hard to help in such situations without being in front of the box in question.
S
SDA
Mar 13, 2009
BTW Marionbabich is this on MacOS X ? You mention the dock so I’m a little confused, (not that it takes much). If this is the case; perhaps you want to ask in the Mac forum.
M
marionbabich
Mar 14, 2009
Wolf,
Are you able to move the filebrowser to the right monitor? Or is PS7 too old. I know now with CS3 there is no filebrowser.
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Mar 14, 2009
It’s been quite some time since I used Ps 7 and the file browser. However, I found this site < http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/qt/csfilebrowser. htm> which seems to remind me that you cannot move the file browser to a second monitor.

(By the way, alas, you are no longer eligible to upgrade Ps7 to the latest CS4 release.)
M
marionbabich
Mar 14, 2009
Thanks for the link.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections