AG
Posted By
Amy_Guerrero
Mar 10, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a brand new version of the older Photoshop 7.0 for my computer today. i am running a dell Xps 630 intel core processor Q9550, i have XP loaded onto it, i put the photoshop 7.0 CD into the cd rom drive i get the auto play and selected the language and pressed accept from the menu then install button it runs for a few min and nothing.I hope someone could help me:( i paid alot of money for this program i would hate to see it go to waste…

Amy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DE
David_E_Crawford
Mar 10, 2009
Where did you buy this copy from? Craigslist?
P
Phosphor
Mar 10, 2009
What is a brand new version of the older Photoshop 7.0 ?
AG
Amy_Guerrero
Mar 10, 2009
I just got it in the mail this morning it was unopened & unused. i bought it from E-bay from a seller who had a very good rep. I called Adobe support but they where unable to help me and suggested i come here
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 10, 2009
Where did you buy it and what’s your definition of a lot of money? Photoshop 7 is four versions out of date and isn’t even eligible for upgrade pricing.

I’d say your chances of having purchased a legitimate legal copy are less than one percent. I hope you manage to beat the odds but we need more information.

Bob
JM
J_Maloney
Mar 10, 2009
This brand-new PS7: <http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/>

Elements is down the hall Amy: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.eeb4f8b/>
DE
David_E_Crawford
Mar 10, 2009
Well I hate to tell you this but it is very easy to seal and wrap boxes……. If you put this on a credit card I would ask for my money back.
AG
Amy_Guerrero
Mar 10, 2009
I don’t have elements
AG
Amy_Guerrero
Mar 10, 2009
I was unable to put the serial number in yet so how can you say i got a product that might have been used? i can’t get it loaded period no prompt for a serial number or anything
DE
David_E_Crawford
Mar 10, 2009
Try this:
Defrag your hard drive
Go into xp services and make sure windows installer is in auto MSconfig: turnoff all starting software you don’t want running make sure any antivirus is off
Not sure if xp has windows defender but if so, turn it off
AG
Amy_Guerrero
Mar 10, 2009
Ok i will try this, this computer is 2 weeks old so i am not sure if defraging it is nessesary..
AG
Amy_Guerrero
Mar 10, 2009
I tried turning everything off and still nothing.. i guess i will have to return it.. thanks for your help
JT
John_T_Smith
Mar 10, 2009
Create a directory on your hard drive and copy EVERYTHING from the CD to that directory… then run setup.exe from there
AG
Amy_Guerrero
Mar 11, 2009
How do i do this? make a new directory??
AR
Anthony.Ralph
Mar 11, 2009
Amy: ‘make a new directory’ is just a slightly different way of saying ‘make a new folder’. Does that help?

Anthony.
JI
Jeffrey_Ignarro
Mar 11, 2009
What OS are you running?
If you’re running 64-bit (which is what Dell is now putting in most of their high-end machines by default), you’re out of luck.
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 11, 2009
The OP has stated XP…Dell is not using the 64 bit version of XP for anything.

Bob
JI
Jeffrey_Ignarro
Mar 11, 2009
Wow, I read the OP twice looking for an OS.
I need a nap.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 13, 2009
so how can you say i got a product that might have been used?

it’s not "used" it’s probably a pirated copy. probably even a good one.
Y
yeajyh
Mar 13, 2009
Obviuosly your Photshop is not pirated. I had brand new Photoshop 7 installed on the school computer and it worked very well. However, the school just changed the domain and moved everything to a new server. After that, my WS FTP and Photoshop stopped working. I tried to reinstall and got the same situation as yours. I reformatted the hardisk, create a new directory for the installation, turn antovirus off, and make sure the account is administrator, none of them is working.

After double clicking setup.exe, it’s just nothing. When you check task manager, the setup.exe didn’t show in applications, but it did show in processes with CPU usage 0. Don’t know why.

On Mar 10, 3:45 pm, wrote:
I bought a brand new version of the older Photoshop 7.0 for my computer today. i am running a dell Xps 630 intel core processor Q9550, i have XP loaded onto it, i put the photoshop 7.0 CD into the cd rom drive i get the auto play and selected the language and pressed accept from the menu then install button it runs for a few min and nothing.I hope someone could help me:( i paid alot of money for this program i would hate to see it go to waste….

Amy
Y
yeajyh
Mar 13, 2009
I just successfully installed it under safe mode. Don’t know why.

On Mar 13, 1:26 pm, wrote:
Obviuosly your Photshop is not pirated. I had brand new Photoshop 7 installed on the school computer and it worked very well. However, the school just changed the domain and moved everything to a new server. After that, my WS FTP and Photoshop stopped working. I tried to reinstall and got the same situation as yours. I reformatted the hardisk, create a new directory for the installation, turn antovirus off, and make sure the account is administrator, none of them is working.

After double clicking setup.exe, it’s just nothing. When you check task manager, the setup.exe didn’t show in applications, but it did show in processes with CPU usage 0. Don’t know why.

On Mar 10, 3:45 pm, wrote:

I bought a brand new version of the older Photoshop 7.0 for my computer today. i am running a dell Xps 630 intel core processor Q9550, i have XP loaded onto it, i put the photoshop 7.0 CD into the cd rom drive i get the auto play and selected the language and pressed accept from the menu then install button it runs for a few min and nothing.I hope someone could help me:( i paid alot of money for this program i would hate to see it go to waste….

Amy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections