Posted By
Graeme_Knibbs
Mar 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I am trying to install photoshop CS4 upgrade on Windows XP service pack 3. I am installing onto a machine with photoshop CS previously installed.

the lable on the box says that it is PHSP.CS4.WIN.UPG.IE.001.DV However, since it has not installed I have no idea what exact version of Photoshop is on the dvd.

The DVD auto runs and give the initial dialog box.
Select the install button
The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Installer dialog box is displayed. It state that it is initialising and a progress bar appears. The box state that it is ‘checking system profile’
the progress bar gets to about 90% and then just sticks there.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Regards
Graeme

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CY
curt_young
Mar 8, 2009
Where did you buy it? Lots of illegal copies that don’t work properly.

Call Adobe and see if serial number OK. They will help with install problems.
WN
Wesley_Norman
Mar 9, 2009
Graeme, sometimes this works.
Try copying the disk onto you hard drive and install from there. It has worked for me a couple of times.

Wes
GK
Graeme_Knibbs
Mar 10, 2009
I bought it from Amazon UK so I thought that would be a reliable source. I had seen the warnings about eBay etc. I have now tried to intall on a different computer but got the same result.

I will try phoning Adobe and I will try copying to hard disk and trying from there.

Thanks
Graeme
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 10, 2009
did you buy it directly from amazon ("add it now") or from an amazon reseller ("see all buying options"). if right from amazon you should be fine, if from a reseller, i’d try to get a refund and think about replacing the card you used to purchase it.
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 10, 2009
Graeme, was that Amazon UK or a reseller using their site?
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 10, 2009
Beat yah! 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 10, 2009
yes please! 🙂

o.O
DE
David_E_Crawford
Mar 10, 2009
🙂
FM
Fred M Stevens
Mar 11, 2009
if you’re still having the issue, check this document:

<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb407428>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections