F
Posted By
fflewddar
Mar 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS4(11.0.1) and an intuos 3 tablet. I’m trying to get the Pen Tilt setting to work in photoshop but it just doesn’t. The tilt works fine in Painter however, and I have the latest wacom drivers installed.

In the brush settings I’m going under Shape dynamics(it’s checked), checking control>pen tilt, min diameter 0, tilt scale 200%. No matter what I do it only always works as if I have the control set to pen pressure sensitivity.

I don’t think I need the 6D art pen for pen tilt, or do I? Is there any other hidden setting for this to work?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 8, 2009
Hmm, I thought only rotation was busted – and that was fixed in the dot release. And (so far) I haven’t heard of anyone else having problems with the tilt.
F
fflewddar
Mar 8, 2009
I forgot to note that I also tried this in Photoshop CS2-same thing happens, the pen tilt works the same as pen pressure for me, no difference. Tilt of the pen doesn’t affect anything.
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 8, 2009
Did you check the brush settings to see that pen tilt is mapped to something useful? (by default, I don’t think we map it to anything)
F
fflewddar
Mar 8, 2009
Sure I will check-but can you explain to me what you mean exactly by being mapped? I’m not sure what you mean…

I’ve tried it with several different settings(and brushes), size/scatter/color jitter(if that’s what you’re talking about). For all of them I use the extreme values- 0%min diameter and 200% tilt scale(changing those numbers doesn’t help anyway).
PC
Paul_Conway
Mar 31, 2009
I have the same problem with an Intuos 4 tablet on CS4 (11.0.1).

If I turn on shape dynamics and set "Shape dynamics > Size Jitter > Control" to "Pen Tilt", size only changes with pressure.

There’s no mapping option for the tilt function as far as I can see.
RG
radu.gabrielc
Apr 12, 2009
I have an Intuos4 too and i encouter the same problems. If i use tilt for size, it works as pressure. If i use it for roundess i see only a slight variation, far from what i expected. It only works for opacity. I’m using Photoshop CS4.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections