Could Not Complete Your Request because of Missing or Invalid User Personalization Information

IS
Posted By
Imran Sali
Sep 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I keep on getting the error above will loading Adobe Photoshop. Recently I had my computer reboot, so when I looked under saved information this way here, but I cannot load it. I don’t have my cd or my cd key, so is there anyway to reinstall this or make it run again?

Thank You,

Imran Sali

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 18, 2003
What exactly happened to the CD and the serial number?

Bob
BC
bart.cross
Sep 18, 2003
Dog ate it, mother took it, abducted by aliens, illegal download.
NH
Nigel Hart
Sep 19, 2003
I get the same message.

Can’t get to use the CD and serial number

Reinstall don’t work

Help
P
Phosphor
Sep 19, 2003
The error means you need to reinstall — something is wrong with the personalization information or your serial number.

If that doesn’t work, call Adobe Customer Support and they’ll help you.
AP
Adam Piersee
Sep 19, 2003
spent several hours working on this problem, i realized that the problem is in the Adobe Registry Key, to be more specific HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe. After realizing this the problem was rather easy for me to fix. If anyone would like more information on this, or would like me to help with the fix email me
DM
dave milbut
Sep 19, 2003
adam, just post it if you think it’ll help. that’s what this boards here for. unless you’re promoting piracy…
AP
Adam Piersee
Sep 19, 2003
Ok here are the exact instructions including the registry file you will need. I in no way condone piracy and this fix is intended for those with a legal copy of Photoshop 7.0 only.

Go to this page for the fix:
<http://members.cox.net/apiersee/psfix.htm>
DM
dave milbut
Sep 19, 2003
I see no problem w/that adam. per what i said in my mail, you’re not giving out a serial #. that’s cool. thanks…

um. oops wait. problem is you’re assuming in the reg file that PS is installed in the default directory… could completely hose the setup if it’s installed in another drive.

as i said in the mail, (and as chris said above) this problem can usually be fixed by uninstalling, removing the directory and reinstalling ps. in an extreme case, one might need to delete any photoshop keys left in the registry after uninstallation, but that’s unlikely.

good job though!

dave
AP
Adam Piersee
Sep 20, 2003
understand what youre saying, i myself uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and still had the outcome, this seemed to fix it perfectly. As for the root I can change that so they can edit it to their own path, and those that do happen to have it in a differant directory it can easily be changed. Thank you for your feedback, I hope it works for the rest of you with this problem. If you need any help at all with this feel free to email me, , or contact me via aol instant messenger my sn in selfsuff214.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections