PN
Posted By
Phil_Nolan
Mar 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was wondering if there is a way to use the hand tool (or spacebar) even if the entire image is visible, like you could do in previous versions. One might wonder why you would want to pan if you can already see the entire image. This comes up when one of your layers is bigger than the main image. If you try to Transform the layer, but the transform handles are off the edge of the screen, you need the hand tool. Otherwise you have to zoom out even further to get at the handles.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Mar 5, 2009
You can change from "Standard screen mode" to "Full screen mode with menu bar" or "Full screen mode" by using the icon on the tool bar. Or, as in all versions of PS, press F on your keyboard to toggle between the modes. You can then use the space bar to pan the image in on of the Full screen modes. A useful thing to remember!
Geoff
PN
Phil_Nolan
Mar 5, 2009
Yeah but I need split screen, showing Full Screen With Menu Bar will show, well… Full screen.
GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Mar 5, 2009
Phil, I see what you mean. Normally, you can use the space bar if the image is bigger than the window but I’ve never noticed that you can’t use it if a layer is bigger than the window as in you example.
Good luck!
Geoff.
K
KatWoman
Mar 5, 2009
when transform tool corners go off the screen>> I use a work around click in the dimensions box in the option bar at top instead and use the mouse wheel to enlarge or decrease by percentage if you want constrain make sure to tick the little connector

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections